Forest,Derby,Coventry so who do we hate the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate any team, but I would say our main rivalry has to be Coventry. Why? Because Forests main rivals are Derby, and vice versa, it certainly isn't us. Just as Coventry's rivalry isn't Birmingham or Villa, so on this basis it leaves Leicester and Coventry as the only unimpeded rivalry.

1 - Skybluescum
2 - Sheepshaggers
3 - Trees

Skybluescum most hated due to several things I have witnessed there. Trees least hated probably because unlike a lot of City fans I haven't actually got penis envy.

Re: Forst,Derby,Coventry so who do we hate the most?

I find it impossible to 'hate' a team based on its geographical area. There are teams I dislike, but that could be because I don't like thier fans or I think they're a bad presence in English football. For example, Leeds, Wigan, and Chelsea.

I quite like Wigan.

I grew up with non-League football and think of those fans who supported Wigan when they were non-League. How great to have seen a team come from nowhere to the Premier and without the nastiness that I associate with MK Dons.

For me Leeds is the team to hate. I could not hate Forest and Derby under Clough because they played beautiful football and never cheated. (Roy Keane was never sent off under Clough). In the same way I thought that Coventry under Jimmy Hill played the game as it should be played.

When Don Revie took over they were in danger of being relegated to the Third Division. We know from Bury manager Bob Stokoe that Revie attempted and failed to bribe Bury to lose. We only know because Stokoe turned Revie down. We will never know of any attempts that succeeded. For that alone Leeds should have been relegated and Revie banned for life.

In 1972 Leeds players were encouraged by Revie to contact Wolves players to fix a match that would give Leeds the 1st Division title rather than Derby but Bill McGarry the Wolves manager squashed it. The sources for that are McGarry and Leeds goalkeeper Gary Sprake.
This may well have been one reason for Brian Clough's hatred of Revie.

There is a clear difference between Leeds before Revie and since Revie when they have been seen as a big club even when they have had a bad team, The club is built on corrupt foundations.

It is difficult to believe that the FA had not heard at least whispers of the corruption yet they sacked Sir Alf their greatest manager and made Revie manager of England.

Geography may make rivals of Leicester and Forest, Liverpool and Everton, Man U and Man City but wherever true fans live Leeds are to be despised.

This is the only reason to dislike Forest fans: the claims that they don't care. Anyone who's ever been to a game between us and Forest at their ground in Notts will know that's bollocks.

That's just it though, during the game we ( as do any home fans ) hate whoever we are playing. hating a another team is measured by things outside of the actual games between the two teams...

You will always be behind the sheep in the hate scale, and in my opinion behind Sheffield United and of course Leeds

That's just it though, during the game we ( as do any home fans ) hate whoever we are playing. hating a another team is measured by things outside of the actual games between the two teams...

You will always be behind the sheep in the hate scale, and in my opinion behind Sheffield United and of course Leeds
You're saying that hundreds and hundreds of Nottinghamshire Forest fans gather on the Radcliffe Road after every home game to chant "we hate (insert opposition's name)" while throwing objects at opposing fans and police? Because that's sure as shit what they did after the abandoned Carling Cup game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts