Former England Stars Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

:icon_lol:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1277005,00.html

Former England footballers Rob Lee and Warren Barton have been arrested on suspicion of taking a limousine, it is reported. The pair - who played for Newcastle United at the same time - are being held at an east London police station.

Lee played in the 1998 World CupScotland Yard refused to confirm the names, but said two men aged 38 and 41 have been arrested on suspicion of taking and driving a vehicle and driving while unfit.

Officers were called to Hackney Road, east London, at around 11.30pm last night to reports of a car being stolen, a Scotland Yard spokesman said.

The limousine was found in the same road, having been involved in a collision with a van.

Lee and Barton - who are retired from the game - were arrested later at two east London addresses.

Officers are also investigating reports that a satellite navigation system and a mobile phone were stolen, Scotland Yard said.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
East London is also a region of London though. :102: It can be both. ;)

As well you know, the word 'east' when used to describe a part of the capital city or some other place does not take a capital letter unless it falls at the beginning of a sentence or, maybe, if it is incorporated into the title of some organisation or other. To illustrate, I live in east Kent but the local buses are run by East Kent.

Similarly, if the hero of Rowling's books started serving alcoholic drinks from an especially constructed counter in his living-room, that might be referred to as Potter's bar but not Potters Bar (which as you know is in north London, not North London).

Your placing of 'east' at the start of the sentence in an attempt to mislead does neither you nor your argument any credit.

There is a sub-region of London called East London. ;)

There is a sub-region of London called East London. ;)

So London is divided into sub-regions? You must tell me more about that.

Otherwise, stop digging.

As well you know, the word 'east' when used to describe a part of the capital city or some other place does not take a capital letter unless it falls at the beginning of a sentence or, maybe, if it is incorporated into the title of some organisation or other. To illustrate, I live in east Kent but the local buses are run by East Kent.

Similarly, if the hero of Rowling's books started serving alcoholic drinks from an especially constructed counter in his living-room, that might be referred to as Potter's bar but not Potters Bar (which as you know is in north London, not North London).

Your placing of 'east' at the start of the sentence in an attempt to mislead does neither you nor your argument any credit.

I could lie & say that I thought that their boredom had taken place in South Africa, if that helps.

Or, I could just tell the truth & say that I spotted my mistake as soon as I posted it but was interrupted by a manager before I could make any attempt to rectify the offensive capital, letter that is.

Boc's right.... Naturally. Unless following punctuation all the areas, defined by compass, in London would be lower case. As in this case.

Boc's right.... Naturally. Unless following punctuation all the areas, defined by compass, in London would be lower case. As in this case.

Like west Ham?:icon_lol:

Like west Ham?:icon_lol:

A case where the 'compass point' has been incorporated into the name of the place. Quite a different thing from the matter under discussion.

I could lie & say that I thought that their boredom had taken place in South Africa, if that helps.

Or, I could just tell the truth & say that I spotted my mistake as soon as I posted it but was interrupted by a manager before I could make any attempt to rectify the offensive capital, letter that is.

Don't worry Macky we all drop random capitals here and theRe. I myself have been known to indulge on the odd one, especially the E's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669