Fortress Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is and considering 16 of the wins came in the promotion season it really is not what we were hoping from our new home

yes it is and considering 16 of the wins came in the promotion season it really is not what we were hoping from our new home

Personally I have always welcomed the move away from Filbert Street because frankly that stadium had had its day.

But............

My first impression was that the seats were too far away from the pitch. I know most new stadiums are built this way but if you look at Old Trafford (for example) you have a modern stadium, large capacity but with the stands still very close to the pitch.

Can't understand why we had to leave the equivalent of a running track between our pitch and the stands. I'm sure the atmosphere would have been much better had there have been 2 yards between pitch and stands rather than 10.

Can't understand why we had to leave the equivalent of a running track between our pitch and the stands. I'm sure the atmosphere would have been much better had there have been 2 yards between pitch and stands rather than 10.
Raspberries, possibly?

Old trafford wasn't built after the seating was introduced so essentially it was a terraced ground which has been adapted hence the closer to the pitch seating

i personally prefer being far away as it gives a better view

Old trafford wasn't built after the seating was introduced so essentially it was a terraced ground which has been adapted hence the closer to the pitch seating

i personally prefer being far away as it gives a better view

I would prefer to be close to the pitch so the opposition players can hear the abuse directed their way :icon_wink

Personally I have always welcomed the move away from Filbert Street because frankly that stadium had had its day.

But............

My first impression was that the seats were too far away from the pitch. I know most new stadiums are built this way but if you look at Old Trafford (for example) you have a modern stadium, large capacity but with the stands still very close to the pitch.

At Cov's Ricoh the gap between fans and pitch seems to be about 6 feet and the stands are steep, you do feel right on top of the pitch and the atmosphere would be 'enclosed within the ground'.......if they had any fans.

At Cov's Ricoh the gap between fans and pitch seems to be about 6 feet and the stands are steep, you do feel right on top of the pitch and the atmosphere would be 'enclosed within the ground'.......if they had any fans.

Agreed. I suppose we could always go for the Cheltenham look, if you are sitting on Row A, you are near enough on the pitch.

Anyone seen what Preston have done in the process of making Deepdale all-seater? Distinctive features at all ends of the ground. A clock one side, a big screen at one end, seats making out faces and floodlights which stand out. Looks a superb all-seater, now it's complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669