Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fowler to City !!!

1. Cardiff are moving heaven and earth to get him
2. credible sources are linking him with cardiff
3. his agent looks like he wants him to go there

anyone else get the feeling this threads a waste of time?

you can say that for quite a few of them

never gonna happen.

I had read cardiff were prepared to pay him around £8,500 per week, with add-on targets that could make it around £25,000 per week (how realistic these add-on targets are, I have no idea) - If we wanted him, I'm sure we could offer him £25,000 (or possibly more) a week straight off, and then bonuses etc on top. IMO I don't think we've even enquired about him, or have any plans to do so.

I had read cardiff were prepared to pay him around £8,500 per week, with add-on targets that could make it around £25,000 per week (how realistic these add-on targets are, I have no idea) - If we wanted him, I'm sure we could offer him £25,000 (or possibly more) a week straight off, and then bonuses etc on top. IMO I don't think we've even enquired about him, or have any plans to do so.

I'm pretty sure newton said that we offered Fowler a contract.....

(sorry if you didn't newton)

Definetely seems like Cardiff are clear favourites to get him, and we've barely been linked. But I'm going to trust Newts ;) Being optimistic..

I'd love Fowler here. I think the fact that he's said already that he doesn't want to move to America, Australia or to the Old Firm shows that he isn't just looking for one final payday (he doesn't exactly need it) and that he is looking to still play at a competitive level and determined to put the effort in..

Would be a great signing... if we sign the right players to play around him. Fowler won't be good for us unless he gets good service. But hopefully with what we've seen of Kaebi, and if Hendrie or Clemence signs for us, then service to the front men won't be a problem!

I'm pretty sure newton said that we offered Fowler a contract.....

(sorry if you didn't newton)

i thought he said the same as well but knowing newton he has probably got the wrong player :)

I think there is still a chance with Fowler, we haven't really publicised any of our other targets so it seems like MM and MA want to keep their main targets to themselves, like they did with Kaebi and if we have put in a big offer to him then we must be in with a shout.

TBH, I can't see him going to Cardiff, Fowler would want a lot more than £8-9k a week straight up I should imagine and to me it seems like Ridsdale is just going to the local press to try and get some attention and to make even more desperate appeals to the business people of Cardiff to scrape together enough pennies to offer Fowler a deal off similar value to the ones he already has on the table.

Last edited:

but can you really see us signing dj campbell and fowler (if rumours are to be believed)
then we'd have

Hume, Fryatt, Cort, Campbell, Fowler, Sappleton, Dodds

even if sappleton and dodds are young, that would still be five strikers (unless fryatt goes)-which again shows the fowler rumour is bollocks as theres more chance of dj campbell coming imo.

Due to a lot of very clever investment in property, Fowler reputed to be one of the richest players in the UK, posibly worth over £100 million.
So where ever he goes it wont be because he needs money

but can you really see us signing dj campbell and fowler (if rumours are to be believed)
then we'd have

Hume, Fryatt, Cort, Campbell, Fowler, Sappleton, Dodds

even if sappleton and dodds are young, that would still be five strikers (unless fryatt goes)-which again shows the fowler rumour is bollocks as theres more chance of dj campbell coming imo.

Agree that we probs have more chance of signing DJ but TBH I think that is bollox, no decent sources of the info and the fees being talked about are way too much, MM doesn't like to pay much in transfer fees, he's all about freebies and loans on bigger wages. Also, newts has confirmed we have made on offer to Fowler, so there is obviously something in it.

On the striker situation, I would say that we just need one more striker for some good/different options. TBH I can't see Dodds ever getting a look in now, Sappleton will be back up, potential loan out for a couple of months and I hope we hold on to Fryatt. So that leaves:

Hume, Fryatt, Cort (can't be relied on all season), 'new signing'

then Sappleton as back up and even MDV if we still have him, if it weren't for his reported 'big wages' I would keep him as he can play as a target man, once in a while, if we were really desperate.

Dodds will be sold or maybe a season long loan to someone if an offer comes in.

For the sake of it, I can see Fowler going to one of the Old Firm, chance to play in Europe still and pick up a couple of medals as well.

Not sure who our 4th striker will be, I'll get back to you on that one later!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670