Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fowler would be a typical MM signing and it would not surprise me to see him at City. At Pompey he signed Stone, Merson, Sherwood etc.

how many people where negative about how much of a role Cottee would play when he joined city under MON?

Ok so not all "has beens" turn out to be the as good as expect...but some of the "jorneyman" we have had at leicester have been are best players

But if i am perfectly honest i think its more paper speculation

Cottee was rescued from Malaysia and had nowhere near the profile/wage demands I of Fowler. Very different IMO.

how many people where negative about how much of a role Cottee would play when he joined city under MON?

Ok so not all "has beens" turn out to be the as good as expect...but some of the "jorneyman" we have had at leicester have been are best players

But if i am perfectly honest i think its more paper speculation

Cottee was rescued from Malaysia and had nowhere near the profile/wage demands I of Fowler. Very different IMO.

agreed

but i know what he is saying and it could be right IMO

I think Fowler would be a typical MM signing and it would not surprise me to see him at City. At Pompey he signed Stone, Merson, Sherwood etc.

And don't forget Robert Prosinecki! They are the only reason why I feel are in with a chance for Fowler, MM likes to get a 'star' player or two.

(And newton's posts have got me excited! :026:)

Two mini games at the training ground today.
So any signings will have to be announced either before 11 or tomorrow i would think.
The Mirror seems to be full of Leicester stuff today, but none of it with any new info.
The news on players like Maybury, MDV, Hughes, Hammond etc is very quiet. I'm sure Allen needs to make sure these guys are gone as just a big a priority as getting the others in. They could have an adverse effect on the new squad if they are hanging around.
Good to here that he had them running their arses of yesterday. fitness was a big issue last year.

Been in the mirror now, always is in the mirror prior to a signing!!

on teletext that Fowler is on the verge of signing.................................

for an Australian team FFS.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on teletext that Fowler is on the verge of signing.................................

for an Australian team FFS.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Story ...

Fowler in Sydney talks

Striker Robbie Fowler has reopened talks over a move to Sydney FC, according to reports in Australia.

Fowler is a free agent after his release by Liverpool at the end of last season, and sources close to the A-League club are reported to be happy at the way discussions have progressed.

A move was made more likely after ex-Coventry striker John Aloisi turned down a move back to his homeland.

I can't see there being any truth in this what so ever.

seems folwer is in talks with Sydney FC according to an Australian report,so it looks like hes just going where the best money is

seems folwer is in talks with Sydney FC according to an Australian report,so it looks like hes just going where the best money is

I know it's a pain to sometimes read through pages and pages, but this was posted only 8 posts previous. Surely it's not too much to read back that far ? Is it ??

Most likely just press talk to be honest

His agent has been quoted as saying he has had offers from abroad which have been dismissed as he wants to stay in England.

Purely my opinion from stories I have read and heard, from eight offers:

1. LCFC
2. Cardiff
3. Celtic
4.Rangers
5. Sydney
6. AN Other club abroad (added one more as agent said "offers")
7. Tranmere offering him a coaching roll (mate said he read it somewhere:102:)
8. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670