Framing Football Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NN Fox

Has anybody had any experience of having a shirt framed. I'm getting conflicting advice on the best way of doing it, flat on card or on some special sort of hanger. Also where did you get it done, several firms advertise on the internet but I'm reluctant to put it in the post. I've asked in a local framing shop but came away unconvinced that the bloke knew what he was talking about and he was talking about £150 which seems a bit steep to me.

I wouldn't get a 'flat' frame, I'd get a shallow box frame.
Plus whatever you mount the shirt onto, getting it pinned into place is a good idea cos that way it won't 'drop' in the frame and look crap!

Go Ikea- they have perfect frames for sport shirts- get yourself some decent sheets of thick cardboard and do it yourself.

Tis easy!

I framed one, a guy on eBay sold the frame & we put the shirt in ourselves. We did it flat on card, if you can wait until after the game tonight, I'll send you a picture of it on my wall.

Shoot someone, wipe the gun clean then leave it in the shirt's nightstand drawer. Cops will have him in no time. Simple.

Has anybody had any experience of having a shirt framed. I'm getting conflicting advice on the best way of doing it, flat on card or on some special sort of hanger. Also where did you get it done, several firms advertise on the internet but I'm reluctant to put it in the post. I've asked in a local framing shop but came away unconvinced that the bloke knew what he was talking about and he was talking about £150 which seems a bit steep to me.

Not sure where you're based, but most of the places online are based in shops. Don't know if either of these are nearby, but may be worth a visit if it's a valuable shirt:

www.pictureperfect.org.uk
Northampton

www.anythingframed.co.uk
Peterborough

There is a shop on Aylestone Road opposite Granby School I have been told they are quite reasonable and do a top job.

Thank you all for your help and advice, I think I've got it sorted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669