Franky Worthington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it's dementia (he did mention memory problems) and she thought it was the same thing?

I seriously hope he was pissed today because if not, he's a very ill man.

Shameful of Birch bringing him out at half time in that state.

I seriously hope he was pissed today because if not, he's a very ill man.

Shameful of Birch bringing him out at half time in that state.

Agreed, I thought it was Bernie at one point.

Was truly awful

As you say, shame on Birchenall for that abomination

Don't blame Birchy, its possible that Frank wanted to do it and it clearly had the blessing of his family. The long term memory is one of the last things to go, so maybe he was remembering the days when we fans were chanting his name as he made a fool out of yet another defender.

He didn't seem well at all. Poor sod. To be honest I got the feeling the Birch was a bit uncomfortable with the situation and that he handled Worthington with compassion.

Don't blame Birchy, its possible that Frank wanted to do it and it clearly had the blessing of his family. The long term memory is one of the last things to go, so maybe he was remembering the days when we fans were chanting his name as he made a fool out of yet another defender.

He didn't seem well at all. Poor sod. To be honest I got the feeling the Birch was a bit uncomfortable with the situation and that he handled Worthington with compassion.

I agree. I thought Birch handled a difficult situation very well and it was clear that Frank enjoyed every moment. As he came out of the tunnel he milked the applause for all he was worth. Indeed he was reluctant to leave the pitch and was gently pulled off by a young lady; presumably a daughter or granddaughter. It may be that this was the last the fans will see of him and he seemed to feel the affection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669