Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the remarkable things about the Nigel Pearson team compared with the Martin Allen team is how little it has cost. I could imagine Nigel's eyes lighting up and saying to Steve Walsh which top quality players do you know that we could get for four million.

I am reluctant to see Matty go but I feel that four million to spend on long term players would be worth it.

We have seen in the last two seasons how Matty can be affected by his mental attitude. He will be aware that West Brom may be his only chance of premiership footballer. I know that morals do not usually come into football but I have never believed it right to use contracts to hold back a youngster from a genuine promotion.

I'm not disagreeing, miles. As I said , I'd keep him then he's got the choice of Leicester (hopefully a championship side) or someone else. However I wouldn't turn down any silly offers so quickly. We need to win in League one, silly money can buy other players that can score. I can't see him wanting to go to a championship team but if a Prem side saw the goals and made an offer. he's not staying in Leicester.

unfortenatly its not that simple, we could buy someone scoring for fun for another team (likely to also cost silly money unless they lower league) and then he cant score within our style of play and be a flop whilst fryatt currently is scoring.

I am 100% with you Newts.

I've heard from a good source today that Fryatt will sign a contract with us, but only stay till the end of the season.
He will do us a favour by helping us get promoted, and allowing us to sell him for a higher transfer value. He then gets to opt out the new contract with the freedom to go where he likes.

thats what palace did with johnson I reckon.

This is nonsense, it doesn't make sense!! Why would Fryatt sign the extension just to give us a bigger profit on him?? He doesn't owe us anything, that £1.5m/£2m is money that he could have got in extra wages by moving on an (almost) free in the summer???

The only way this would happen would be for him and his agent to insist on a £500k ish buy out clause. If he signs he can then leave in the summer for around the same fee a tribunal would set, plus he is covered by the contract should get a long term injury.

BUT... that kind of contract offers nothing to Leicester so there would be no point in us agreeing to it.

if his wages are significantly higher during the 2nd part of this season as a result of the new contract it would make sense.

I am reluctant to see Matty go but I feel that four million to spend on long term players would be worth it.

I suspect that given the reported huge losses we are making at the club, I think it would be unlikely that NP would even get a sniff at that.

if his wages are significantly higher during the 2nd part of this season as a result of the new contract it would make sense.

Not to me it wouldn't... why would we pay him extra in wages for the remaining few months to then just get the same back as a fee from another team?

I'd be surprised if he found instant success at another club, given how long its taken him to settle here.

I'm pretty much resigned to losing him be it in january or for peanuts in the summer. The lad has been on fire and i'm so chuffed that Nige has been the man that's finally got the best out of him, but i'm sure theres a more than capable replacement out there.

I'd be surprised if he found instant success at another club, given how long its taken him to settle here.

I'm pretty much resigned to losing him be it in january or for peanuts in the summer. The lad has been on fire and i'm so chuffed that Nige has been the man that's finally got the best out of him, but i'm sure theres a more than capable replacement out there.

that will not happend mate :icon_wink.

To be honest, why all the fuss? The lad has a talent at this level for sure! Maybe even at the next and even the top level? Scoring 22 goals in a Season let alone by December does not just happen. Positional sense & timing plus a large slice of luck ie: the way the ball bounces in to your path rather than the defenders etc.. But when you look at the team and the balance NP has put into it, I think that anyone who claims to be a striker would bag a number at this level. Big stevie (and Im not a massive fan) but he does take a lot of pressure of Matty because the Opposition have to give him a certain amount of attention otherwise he would run riot...well waddle riot.

How often has people said that they would like to be a striker in the Manu Utd Team when they had Becks, Giggs, Scholes etc... The number of chances they created for the strikers was unbelievable. Well IMO there is a simular situation here at the mo. The number of chances the attacking players now get is in stark contrast to the last few seasons. (Bristol City @ Home Excluded)

My point being is the lad is in Fantastic form, but is by no means irreplaceable should it benefit the club to cash in on him. I trust Mandy to do what is best for this club to make every attempt to mount a challenge to get back into the Premier, after all it is only once we are in the prem can he than look to sell us make a small profit and leave us in better shape than when he found us!

Que Sera, Sera!

Happy Christams to you all!:038::038::038::038:
UP THE CITY AND THE ANDREWS!!!

Are you theshites?

To be honest, why all the fuss?

....because history indicates that it just isn't likely we could replace one prolific goalscorer with another one.

In my opinion, if Fryatt leaves in January then our results will slip right back to little better than ordinary. If he stays I think we will be promoted as champions; if he leaves I think we will just about make the play offs.

Just an opinion, but to be honest, I think it's a no brainer.

Whilst Fryatt is signing autographs, Milan might as well slip in a contract and get that signed:icon_cool:icon_wink

Whilst Fryatt is signing autographs, Milan might as well slip in a contract and get that signed:icon_cool:icon_wink

fold the page and that? in the current climate it may be worth doing that to all players that are there, reduce some of their wages

....because history indicates that it just isn't likely we could replace one prolific goalscorer with another one.

In my opinion, if Fryatt leaves in January then our results will slip right back to little better than ordinary. If he stays I think we will be promoted as champions; if he leaves I think we will just about make the play offs.

Just an opinion, but to be honest, I think it's a no brainer.

I don't disagree with your first point Redditch, but my point of why all the fuss.. is simply Why is everyone getting all hysterical about it? As I put in the final part of my previous post Que Sera, Sera.

We aren't going to change anyone's mind or influence any decision, so just sit back, enjoy the fact we're winning, gloat at others if you will that we're top of the league, do what ever makes you happy, and put your trust in the powers that be to do the right thing. Even if that is to give the lad a 5 year deal or to sell him.. But I do believe that whilst we may not replace his ratio of goals to games, there are strikers out there who would relish the opportunities the team are currently creating. And with maybe 1 or 2 additions here and there, I think the balance is spot on, sufficient enough to ensure our promotion. With or without Matty:icon_bigg

WTF, has anyone anwered the question yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669