Pre Match Fulham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beating Leeds was essential
Beating Everton was essential

It's a draw against Fulham then.

I just can't see us winning this. If you were a neutral, what would you think? Leicester failed to beat a dreadful Leeds team away and failed to beat relegation rivals Everton at home. I know sport is not logical but there is no logical reason this same team would then beat Fulham away.

I just can't see us winning this. If you were a neutral, what would you think? Leicester failed to beat a dreadful Leeds team away and failed to beat relegation rivals Everton at home. I know sport is not logical but there is no logical reason this same team would then beat Fulham away.
Honestly?

I'd think Vardy is firing, Leicester are fighting for their lives and they are unbeaten in 3 and look a lot better since Rodgers left and Soyuncu, Iversen and Vardy have been installed. They've won their last four matches on XG and do have some proper match winners in their side.

I'd think Fulham are in the middle of a bit of an injury crisis and are missing their talisman striker. They've lost three on the spin and have nothing to really play for. Their manager is known to oversee massive slumps in form at previous clubs.

As a neutral I'd genuinely think Leicester have a great chance here. Doesn't mean it will happen - but there is room for optimism.

Who would you play in his place?

Against Everton Barnes won the penalty, made the cross that led to Soyuncu's goal, and a chance that Vardy should have scored from. Even when he's not at his best he's a threat.
I agree, he's got goals in him and we are short of options. Barnes plays.

I like this perspective. But of course the pessimist in me thinks all other teams will easily achieve that.
They as likely to achieve it as we are to get four points.

It’s the hope that kills
The seven day wait between matches and thinking about the permutations takes me right back to spring 2015 and 2016.

Funnily enough not the battle for top 4. With hindsight maybe I never expected that to happen, by the end.

Who would you play in his place?

Against Everton Barnes won the penalty, made the cross that led to Soyuncu's goal, and a chance that Vardy should have scored from. Even when he's not at his best he's a threat.
Barnes has a good game in him roughly every 4 or 5 goes. When he has them he usually scores. He's currently due one. I'va already backed him to score anytime.

Referee: Robert Jones.
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Wade Smith.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Jarred Gillett.
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard.

Wow, I've not heard of any of them! Not that I was expecting to, nor had even thought about it beforehand, but just reading those names made me realise how little attention I pay to football these days (outside of us) I even googled a name to see if it was a joke (and they were all Aussie rules refs or something)

Hey Joe _Fox have you seen that OPTUS no longer let's you series record all the Leicester games. Tbf I delete all but a small handful anyway (obviously).
I presume you mean on the fetch box? I don't have that any more. To be honest, relegation would mean I would cancel my optus subscription and move to a better provider.

I presume you mean on the fetch box? I don't have that any more. To be honest, relegation would mean I would cancel my optus subscription and move to a better provider.
Yeh, FETCH box. It worked pretty well. I remember when we got promoted and how fantastic it was watching all the games. Even in campsites or in the Bush if there's a signal. I remember watching that Man Utd game, on my phone, screaming my head off in a tent, when we came back to beat them 5 - 3. Happy Days!

But with Ricardo Pereira potentially fit to play at Fulham on Monday

from the Mercury.

Terrible grammar, so must be the Mercury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669