Fulham - Wed 27th Aug 2008 - 8pm (Carling Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

8pm

Tickets:

We have received an initial allocation of 2,000 tickets for this fixture.

Prices:

Adults - £15
Seniors - £10
Juveniles (16-20) - £10
Under 16's - £5

Mon 18th Aug - STH Priority 1
Tue 19th Aug - STH Priority 2
Wed 20th Aug - STH Priority 3
Thu 21st Aug - Members (Subject to availability)
Fri 22nd Aug - General Sale (Subject to availability)

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart the stadium at 2.30pm and are priced as follows:

Adult STH - £14
Senior/Under 16 STH - £12

Adult non STH - £16
Senior/Under 16 non STH - £14

Directions & Parking:

Approx 107 miles - 2h 30mins (allow a little extra for London rush hour traffic)

M1 south to to very end ....

Right onto North Circular Rd (A406) follow this all the way to the M4 junction (will seem like ages), and then turn left on to Great West Road (M4/A4), at the Hogarth Lane roundabout go straight ahead. As you approach the Hammersmith flyover keep left to avoid going over it. You will soon see the Broadway Shopping Centre, you need to go right round it, and you will go under the flyover onto Fulham Palace Road (A219), after approx 1 mile you will see Finlay Street on your right. This road leads you straight to the ground.

Trains:

A saver return is £43.40 and is the only option should you wish to see all 90 minutes and possibly extra time/penalties. There are plenty of £11 singles on the outbound trains between 2pm and 4pm, however coming back there are no cheap singles on the last train (11.15pm). There is an £11 single on the 10.25pm train, but you would have to leave early in order to get this train.

One alternative option would be to go on the train, and get the coach back. The last coach for Leicester leaves London Victoria at 11.30pm. There are currently £5 tickets available. This would save you over £27 against a saver return.

If the game was to go as far as penalties, It would be near on impossible to make either the last train (11.15pm) or the last bus (11.30pm).

The closest tube station is Putney Bridge. This is approx 10-15 minute walk away from the ground. From Kings Cross St Pancras underground you will need a Zone 1-2 travelcard. Take any Piccadilly Line towards Uxbridge, Ruislip, Heathrow and change at Earls Court. From here take the District Line towards Wimbledon.

Pubs:

I'm sure the London branchers will have reserved seats from early afternoon in The White Horse on Parsons Green. The closest tube station to this particular pub is Parsons Green. There are numerous pubs over the river for fans arriving into Putney Bridge.

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS THREAD IS DESIGNED TO ASSIST MEMBERS WITH QUESTIONS THEY MAY HAVE REGARDING THE GAME IN QUESTION. POSTS ARE WELCOME FROM MEMBERS WITH ANY FURTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY BE HELPFUL OR RELEVANT TO THIS GAME. ANY POST THAT IS OF 'GENERAL CHIT CHAT NATURE' WILL BE DELETED.

Don't know if this will benefit anyone but on the London Euston line there seems to be some engineering work going on.

On the night i will be coming across from Bristol in the car and am going to need somewhere to park, Does anyone know if there are any multi stories (think i have spelt this wrong) nearby or any handy parking spaces?

Or even a good tube station on the far west of london to park up at and tube in?

Thanks for your help :icon_cool

Last edited:
On the night i will be coming across from Bristol in the car and am going to need somewhere to park, Does anyone know if there are any multi stories (think i have spelt this wrong) nearby or any handy parking spaces?

Or even a good tube station on the far west of london to park up at and tube in?

Parking near the ground is extremely limited. The residents / cash & flash zone operates a "one hour max" on normal matchdays - I assume it will for this game as well. The zone on the other side of the Fulham Palace Rd is OK, but is, naturally, pretty full of residents of an evening. However the single yellows on the main roads all cease at 7pm.

If you want off street parking Hammersmith town centre is probably the best bet. It is walkable - about 20-25 minutes from the ground.

If you want to park out of town & tube in then Wimbledon is probably the easiest. It is at the end of the District line branch that goes to Putney Bridge station.

Leave the M4 at Junction 3

Follow The Parkway south and join the A4 towards London.

Osterley Station (Piccadilly Line) is about 2½ - 3 miles along the A4 on your left and has a decent sized carpark - max charge £3.50.

Take a tube from there to Hammersmith. You can walk from there or take a 220 bus along Fulham Palace Road to Kingwood Road which is the nearest stop to the ground - but don't necessarily expect to be able to catch a bus back to Hammersmith; they will be full and standing and it may be quicker to walk than to wait.

Journey by tube and bus will take about 50 minutes. Purchase a Zone 2-6 off-peak Travelcard, which will cover the return journey by bus and tube for £4.80.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570