Game 5 - Red Bull Rovers - 2115

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out tonight, might have to work very late, was here till 9.45 last night and looking the same today.

Also me and my dad are out next week, women pressures, so if we are majorly short, can't we cancel early enough and get a rematch rather than a 10 goal loss?

In which case, PDS is back in then. He just text me that he changed his mind. So reformed team is

Hazz,
Matt's Dad
Jon,
PDS,
MHS,
Drew,
FC.

It depends on a re-match whether the game is of importance and whether the other team agree. Most don't. However, I have myself covered for that I am sure DD can make a fleeting reading week appearance and my brother has expressed an interest when push comes to shove. Spanky is due for a cameo as well sometime in February

I'm out tonight, might have to work very late, was here till 9.45 last night and looking the same today.

Also me and my dad are out next week, women pressures, so if we are majorly short, can't we cancel early enough and get a rematch rather than a 10 goal loss?

Bluddy valentines day is annoying!

One thing I would say about tonight is that we should do the subs as and when we feel the need to come off as we have in previous weeks. Last game we did the subs everytime they did and got dragged into their system of rotation. It didn’t work for us IMO and some people ended up being brought off when they hadn’t had that much time on the pitch and the team was playing well as a unit. Just change as and when we feel like we need to come off I reckon.

One thing I would say about tonight is that we should do the subs as and when we feel the need to come off as we have in previous weeks. Last game we did the subs everytime they did and got dragged into their system of rotation. It didn’t work for us IMO and some people ended up being brought off when they hadn’t had that much time on the pitch and the team was playing well as a unit. Just change as and when we feel like we need to come off I reckon.

My team usually does it in pairs and changes every 5 mins.

It tends to work well because:
1) each player only spends 5 mins off the pitch when subbed (would be more if doing single subs)
2) Pairs can be worked out so that you have one attacking and one defensive player in each pair. When we do single subs we sometimes end up having both our defensive players off the pitch at the same time as the order gets messed up.
3) bringing two sets of fresh legs on is better than one.
4) changes are always "like for like"

On bad thing though is that you need to be able to last 10 mins without a rest, which is difficult for some.

Surprised he hasn't been on to brag yet....
:icon_lol:
TBF, it wasn't a bad game for the neutral but no doubt both teams were pissed off at that performances. And my pissing about cost us the first goal....
It was a good game i thought. we were never really comfortable. Our keeper actually kept us in a match rather than losing it for once!
what was the score......
6-3 i think. Hat-trick for nathan in there too :icon_wink although they were all 'flukes'...
how many neutrals were present and enjoying the game?
One - the referee.

Last edited:
Anyone which is aware that I am been suffering with blacktoe/stubbed toe, I have now shattered the toenail - it feels sore last night and my foot looked a mess after last night's game. Good job I am in between the sticks next time out.

Anyone which is aware that I am been suffering with blacktoe/stubbed toe, I have now shattered the toenail - it feels sore last night and my foot looked a mess after last night's game. Good job I am in between the sticks next time out.

you dont wnat me to try and get a keeper for next week then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566