Game 6 - We *have* a game v Adam Pochin FC - 10pm - League, was: Do we have a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game 6 - We *have* a game

So what you're saying is I don't give balance to the team?

I'd rather you have said that it was due to missing two games through injury and being away with work.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Game 6 - We *have* a game

So what you're saying is I don't give balance to the team?

I'd rather you have said that it was due to missing two games through injury and being away with work.....

What the hell did you put first for Boc to have to edit it?

Re: Game 6 - We *have* a game v Adam Pochin FC - 10pm - League, was: Do we have a gam

I see Drew pic is in the mercury tonight, not the normal crowd shot with Newts in it, another one for the Sheff Wed game apparently.

Re: Game 6 - We *have* a game

What the hell did you put first for Boc to have to edit it?

I edited the Title: line at Hazzman's request.

Re: Game 6 - We *have* a game v Adam Pochin FC - 10pm - League, was: Do we have a gam

is it over or are they still playing??? scores and goals

if the goals website is accurate....unlucky chaps

One word to describe it really.

Had a quick one pulled us again - absolutely pissed all over em in the first five to eight minutes but they had a ringer of a keeper who'd played in the game previously. The keeper saved everything fecking thing and then it fell apart.

One word to describe it really.

Had a quick one pulled us again - absolutely pissed all over em in the first five to eight minutes but they had a ringer of a keeper who'd played in the game previously. The keeper saved everything fecking thing and then it fell apart.

The lad that played for us?

I am seriously getting fed up with these ringers. The last two teams we have played before last night had 3 ringers (the same 3 guys aswell) even though they had 5 of their own player. The team last night got an excellent ringer keeper because 3 of their guys were late, but the rules state if you are late then you lose a goal for every 5 minutes (or something similar), so renting them a player so they can kick off on time makes a mockery of that.

There is no point having a league structure at the minute, you should be able to go into a game against a team in your division knowing that they are on a par with you, or near enough. If they have half a team from division 1/2 then what's the point.

Doesn't take away from how poor we were last night, but if we'd have gone into the second half 6-5 down rather than 6-0 (we had more than enough chances for this, but their top division keeper kept them in it) then our heads would have been in a completely different place.

Did he play for you? He's always down there...rent-a-goalie.

Young lad called Craig?

He's played for us in about 5 of our last 6 games. Very good keeper.

Young lad called Craig?

He's played for us in about 5 of our last 6 games. Very good keeper.

What happened to your keeper? He was brill :icon_wink

I am seriously getting fed up with these ringers. The last two teams we have played before last night had 3 ringers (the same 3 guys aswell) even though they had 5 of their own player. The team last night got an excellent ringer keeper because 3 of their guys were late, but the rules state if you are late then you lose a goal for every 5 minutes (or something similar), so renting them a player so they can kick off on time makes a mockery of that.

There is no point having a league structure at the minute, you should be able to go into a game against a team in your division knowing that they are on a par with you, or near enough. If they have half a team from division 1/2 then what's the point.

Doesn't take away from how poor we were last night, but if we'd have gone into the second half 6-5 down rather than 6-0 (we had more than enough chances for this, but their top division keeper kept them in it) then our heads would have been in a completely different place.
Beights it happens at all levels of football below semi-pro. I see it every week in Sunday league, we are a poor side at best but we have beaten the same team 3 times in the last 2 seasons without conceding a single goal against them in any of the wins. However the week after we beat them 2-0 last season they went and won the next game 9-0 against a team from much higher in the league. Everyone in Sunday league knows that ringers are used by almost every team and tbh without them many of the teams wouldn’t be able to get 11 on a Sunday morning but it is impossible to police and unfortunately its just something you have to accept it is even more likely to happen at 5-a-side.

It frustrated me because we have played a few times with just 5 players when we have had to. In one respect I can almost understand last night as some of their players were late so they didn't have 5 (though if they do it like that I don't see the point of a goal per minute when late rule) but the other two teams we played who had 5 of their own players, why should they get ringers? In both cases they didn't know the ringers so they must have been provided by Goals so it would be quite easy to police.

If they do this what is the point of us all giving our details in at the beginning of the season?

It frustrated me because we have played a few times with just 5 players when we have had to. In one respect I can almost understand last night as some of their players were late so they didn't have 5 (though if they do it like that I don't see the point of a goal per minute when late rule) but the other two teams we played who had 5 of their own players, why should they get ringers? In both cases they didn't know the ringers so they must have been provided by Goals so it would be quite easy to police.

If they do this what is the point of us all giving our details in at the beginning of the season?

I agree beighton and it is exactly the same in Sunday league where we have to register players a min of 48 hours before a game, but if a ringer is needed then you just put down a registered players name on the team sheet.

Would you be even more pissed off to turn up at 10pm at night to find the other team could only muster 4 players and then be told your game is off? It doesn’t matter If they know the ringers it only takes a second to say, “hey mate do you fancy playing another game.” Could be a case of if you cant beat em……

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669