Gardening & Allotments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, just harvested a few of ours and cooking a fresh tomato and basil sauce for pasta. Loads of green ones left so planning on making some chutney

Red or green, get pickling. Made mine a la Floyd, it took hours to reduce. Hoping to get another hundred weight at the end of the month. If you have an abundance of ripe toms then slice and pop in a low oven for as long as you can. Chillies, balsamic, herbs and olive oil. Pop into jars with greek style cheese and oil, and save a million.

Cheers for the recipe Dooloch!

Grrrrrr ... got nearly to the end of constructing the greenhouse, only to find that there are two ****ing window panels missing. Their customer services dept will be left in no doubt as to my thoughts on this matter when they open tomorrow ... ****s.

Taken yesterday ... can you believe it? ... Strawberries in October !!

IMG_0279.jpg

Last edited:
Now this is the allotment / garden I'd like to have, but I think it might take up more time (and land) than I have available 017.jpg 015.jpg

(Villandry in the Loire Valley if you're interested. I spent a very happy couple of hours wandering around last week)

I have been trying to grow some roses from some long stems we got given when we had the new baby and one has taken really well, with good roots and lots of new leaves. Do I need to prune it this year, or am I best to leave it growing and only prune when it is an established plant and potted out? At the minute it is in a pot in the greenhouse, where I intend to keep it over winter.

I have been trying to grow some roses from some long stems we got given when we had the new baby and one has taken really well, with good roots and lots of new leaves. Do I need to prune it this year, or am I best to leave it growing and only prune when it is an established plant and potted out? At the minute it is in a pot in the greenhouse, where I intend to keep it over winter.

You'd be best to leave it alone to let it establish itself, pruning will stress it.

Tours round there?

Now is the answer you require

a) yes about 10 miles away

or

b) yes you get a leaflet or an audio guide in English on headphones for both the chateau and the gardens?

Now is the answer you require

a) yes about 10 miles away

or

b) yes you get a leaflet or an audio guide in English on headphones for both the chateau and the gardens?

Touché

SJN- Empty planter there. Excellent autumnal cleaning, or a summer waste of space?

Haha, neither ... bought them as they were in the sale. They are now waiting for a coat of teak oil and then a bit of reorganization in the spring when they will provide a home for two new Clemaitis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669