Gardening & Allotments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started trying to grow stuff but then realised it was easier to let next door do it and benefit from 50% of their harvest as they always have too much. Lovely bowl of Tomatoes this afternoon :)

This past 10 months have spent more time in the garden, and got to say, we are really enjoying the fruits of our labours.
A first veg patch, has brought us peas, beans, potatoes, onions, beetroot.
Also, from our first proper greenhouse have had loads of tomatoes, mini cucumbers, courgettes and peppers. (Had a starter greenhouse from Wilko' for £40 and after a couple of years with that plumped for a nice shiny new un)
Next year will be even better!
Have planted a variety of fruit trees and fruit bushes.

Wind has blown down a 12ft Buddleia. Not too unhappy as it only seems to be in bloom for a few weeks. Would like a Ceanothus to replace it, just need to get the pruners out and wander the estate.

Was in Tesco Direct in Netherfield (Notts) today. They're clearing out the last items of gardening equipment.
Secateurs down from £6.50 to 55p.
Hanging basket 12"frames down from £3.00 to 20p
Hanging basket chains down from £3.00 to 20p
Hanging basketbrown moss inserts down from £3.00 to 20p
Hurry, they're going fast

Still dear though, they were going both cheaper and faster down London a few weeks ago.....

Yep, I went down to Croyden specifically for garden utensils, but just ended up with a load of Argos catalogues.
If anybody wants one, just PM me, I've still got stacks of the ****ers

Was in Tesco Direct in Netherfield (Notts) today. They're clearing out the last items of gardening equipment.
Secateurs down from £6.50 to 55p.
Hanging basket 12"frames down from £3.00 to 20p
Hanging basket chains down from £3.00 to 20p
Hanging basketbrown moss inserts down from £3.00 to 20p
Hurry, they're going fast

You were in Netho, you could have just asked someone hanging around outside the shop to go in and rob it for you for free......

Yep, I went down to Croyden specifically for garden utensils, but just ended up with a load of Argos catalogues.
If anybody wants one, just PM me, I've still got stacks of the ****ers

Is that in Ireland Mackster?

still harvesting from the runner beans, christmas spuds progressing well.

Bought a 6x6 greenhouse. Hope the weather stays fine at the weekend for me to assemble it.

Tumbling Toms in hanging baskets now all red and ripe, that warm spell was just the job, thought I was stuck with tons of green tomato chutney.

Red or green, get pickling. Made mine a la Floyd, it took hours to reduce. Hoping to get another hundred weight at the end of the month. If you have an abundance of ripe toms then slice and pop in a low oven for as long as you can. Chillies, balsamic, herbs and olive oil. Pop into jars with greek style cheese and oil, and save a million.

Planted my garlic today and implemented a home made cloche over the top using fleece and some bamboo cut from my own garden. Boy did I feel like Monty Don!

IMAG0367_small.jpg

Hoping my carrots and leeks finish off before the cold weather.

nice, dont rush to get the leeks out, frost shouldn't bother them

Tumbling Toms in hanging baskets now all red and ripe, that warm spell was just the job, thought I was stuck with tons of green tomato chutney.

Indeed, just harvested a few of ours and cooking a fresh tomato and basil sauce for pasta. Loads of green ones left so planning on making some chutney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669