Gears of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read it. I don't understand all the criticism TBH, it pisses me off in a ranked match and all the idiots are asking you to go on another team to play together. That is what player matches are for.

It does look like epic are working on some sort of ranked friend/clan match system though.

Do you think the 2 new maps are different game types?, I haven't been able to see anything on the Epic forums, but the description sounds unlike the type we are used to

I think theyare trying to give us a story only, I don't think these would offer any different gameplay modes. This patch is more a problem solver. I think they may come in the later patches if ever.

I've read it. I don't understand all the criticism TBH, it pisses me off in a ranked match and all the idiots are asking you to go on another team to play together. That is what player matches are for.

It does look like epic are working on some sort of ranked friend/clan match system though.

Do you think the 2 new maps are different game types?, I haven't been able to see anything on the Epic forums, but the description sounds unlike the type we are used to

I can understand both arguments for and against, if there was a party system like Halo then squads can play squads and then the rest could go into the mixer for a leveled playing field in ranked matches.

I'm stuck at the part where you haver to kill that RAAM on the train with loads of Krel around him. Starting to get annoyed, any tips?

I'm stuck at the part where you haver to kill that RAAM on the train with loads of Krel around him. Starting to get annoyed, any tips?
Don't shoot him when the Kryll are there, they protect him. Go in armed with the Sniper Rifle and Torque Bow and get plenty of headshots on active reload.

On casual it's easy, but on hardcore and insane you'll need some co-op assistance.

Don't shoot him when the Kryll are there, they protect him. Go in armed with the Sniper Rifle and Torque Bow and get plenty of headshots on active reload.

On casual it's easy, but on hardcore and insane you'll need some co-op assistance.

Agree with that - on casual/hardcore I felt the bow is better. Not sure about co-op for hardcore????

Insane it is what Melts said you really need to co-op as Dom does not cut the mustard. 2 players with sniper rifles on active reloads do a good job on him hey Melts :icon_bigg

if your still stuggling mate accept my FR I sent you last night and I will come and help you with him ;)

Last edited:
There is an ad-hoc game mode you can play if all agree called the running man:confused:

Maps Required:
Gridlock
Fuel Depot

Game Type:
The Running Man

What is it?
One team has to get to the other side without shooting, the other defends. If any of the 'runners' get to the other side, then the 'defenders' must stand still to be shot. (Last bit was added, but makes sense!!)

Not played it myself but people I know are :102:

What is it?
One team has to get to the other side without shooting, the other defends. If any of the 'runners' get to the other side, then the 'defenders' must stand still to be shot. (Last bit was added, but makes sense!!)

Not played it myself but people I know are :102:
Excellent, British Bulldog with guns!!!

You on tonight KL?

Silly question :icon_lol: New maps!!! Let me at them :038:

I have to play a match in my NHL league about half ten, but after that I will be terrorising noobs on the Gears.

I tried hosting a game on Gears, an error came up saying my firewall settings prevented me from hosting. My modem is connect direct to my Xbox, PC isn't involved. Anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?

I have a wireless router and connect through the wireless transmitter to my 360. I had a wired router before never had a problem.

Have a look here http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/xbox/ see if that helps at all.

Doh - maybe I should get glassess - Doh wearing contacts. If its your fire wall maybe check if you have the required ports for the xbox allowed so your firewall does not block them.

RIng MS find out the ports it uses not sure what they are then got to www.portforwarding.com and follow the instructions for your modem.

Not saying that is the problem but worth a try!

Last edited:
I'm stuck-on the level with the kryll and ive just kicked down a door killed a couple of guys, then dealt with an emergence hole
i get to the top of a hill with a bridge at the bottom-i shoot the propane barrell near the burned out car and run to the bottom of the hill when it shows something about a spotlight-but before i know it the screens going red and its game over-i dont know if its because doms gone into the dark or something :102: but its happened 3 times now

I am going to start charging for advice soon!

If you step into the dark on the 2nd level you will die. It happens very quickly.

In that part you need to go into the house on the right, up a couple of stairs and then shine the spotlight on Dom over the yard so he can turn the lights back on. You then make your way back down killing a couple of wrecthes on the way down and then a couple of grunts unless (unlikely) Dom takes care of them first.

Make you way over the courtyard take out another emergence hole throught the house and continue shooting propane tanks and making your way through :biggrin:

Last edited:
I am going to start charging for advice soon!

If you step into the dark on the 2nd level you will die. It happens very quickly.

In that part you need to go into the house on the right, up a couple of stairs and then shine the spotlight on Dom over the yard so he can turn the lights back on. You then make your way back down killing a couple of wrecthes on the way down and then a couple of grunts unless (unlikely) Dom takes care of them first.

Make you way over the courtyard take out another emergence hole throught the house and continue shooting propane tanks and making your way through :biggrin:
but im not in the dark im in the light when it plays the scene explaining what you have to do, then all of a sudden im dead-but the screen goes red and im standing up still meaning i think doms ****ing dead

but im not in the dark im in the light when it plays the scene explaining what you have to do, then all of a sudden im dead-but the screen goes red and im standing up still meaning i think doms ****ing dead
It shouldn't happen, as soon as the movie ends, run over to the spotlight. Dom shouldn't be in the dark during the first section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669