General Election June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Northern Irish are part of the UK.

Maybe you'd prefer that the other parties that less people voted for put together a coalition government.

Or maybe another election (and then another) until it's a party that you'd prefer?

I'd rather the DUP withdraw from the political process if they're going to use it as an opportunity to accept bribes. We shouldn't be needing to pay anyone to form a government.

I'd rather the DUP withdraw from the political process if they're going to use it as an opportunity to accept bribes. We shouldn't be needing to pay anyone to form a government.

That's politics. Especially compromise politics.

Leopards, spots etc. I'm old enough to remember the Labour PM Jim Callaghan stooping low to get the support of Unionists in 1979, which ended badly a few months lalter when he lost a vote of confidence because amongst many other reasons, they did the dirty on him and voted with the Tories after Callaghan refused to be furthre blackmailed into giving Northern Ireland cut price electricity.

It'll all end badly this time around, too.

It's a very poor judgement call from the Tories.

They don't really need the DUP for most things and they're likely to support them on what matters to them anyway. All this will do is give lots more people reason to detest the current lot and sour them all for years to come.

It will be the stock reply to any attempt by them to talk about finances - well you found an extra billion to pay off the DUP easy enough . . .

Am I also correct in thinking that this will cost a lot more too as a result of the Barnet formula which will ensure that this extra money will also need to go to Wales and Scotland in larger amounts?

It's a very poor judgement call from the Tories.
The only parallel in living memory was Mandaric buying players for his managers from YouTube clips.

And whichever ****wit went, "OK, if you think Josh Low is the man to turn this team around I'll get accounts to draw up the cheque."

The only parallel in living memory was Mandaric buying players for his managers from YouTube clips.

And whichever ****wit went, "OK, if you think Josh Low is the man to turn this team around I'll get accounts to draw up the cheque."

Tricky winger Josh Low was signed before Mando took over, just FYI.

Am I also correct in thinking that this will cost a lot more too as a result of the Barnet formula which will ensure that this extra money will also need to go to Wales and Scotland in larger amounts?

No, it does not apply here - this is just a straightforward bribe for the Irish only

Everyone else gets nowt

19420735_10154523435470824_5630253227331963351_n.jpg

As if an extra few quid make any difference.

Haterz gonna hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570