Get behind the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex - you said that our home form was relegation form, and our away form was fantastic

Fact is they are both about the same (apart from one point) - so the argument that it is all down to the fans is a load of complete and utter bollocks

think someone said very similar yesterday......

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=584347&postcount=202

we have played 2 more away from home, but who says that game against ipswich (had we played that game) would have resulted in anything other than a defeat?

Part of the problem is some people have made their mind up before they even get to the ground.
:018:

They have no minds :icon_wink

blusheep.jpg

Again, I have to re-itterate that as long as we agree that to get anything from away matches is harder than at home, then our away form is far better than our home.

What is so difficult to understand about this?

We have lost ONE away and four times that at home. The only other side to have lost that fewer games away is? No one in our division, while the bottom side of the league currently, Norwich, have a better home record with regards to home wins.

I went with some Bristol fans to watch their game at Hillsborough. I was frankly amazed to see how they got behind their goalie - singing his name at every opportunity, particularly when he was at the away end in front of them. He, in turn, kept acknowledging them (when safe and legal to do so!!) and obviously appreciated it.

I'm sure it must help to raise your game if you're being praised rather than jeered.

Again, I have to re-itterate that as long as we agree that to get anything from away matches is harder than at home, then our away form is far better than our home.

We have lost ONE away and four times that at home. The only other side to have lost that fewer games away is? No one in our division, while the bottom side of the league currently, Norwich, have a better home record with regards to home wins.

I don't know how you can say that Alex:icon_conf One point thats all the difference is:102:

It means 'so', or 'thus'. It implies that the spelling or use of the preceding word is incorrect.

wasn't sure though about using it in this context eithre (sic):icon_conf

But that'd be if you were quoting somebody who had spelt a word incorrectly and you were reproducing their error.

i'd agree that our away record is good, but if you go away from home and play as negatively as we do and get a point then all is good. opposition players get frustrated and we are happy with a point. at home it is down to us to win games, something we don't like doing and slip ups have happened

But that'd be if you were quoting somebody who had spelt a word incorrectly and you were reproducing their error.

Macky, you're right...I was using it in the context of 'supporters' as a phrase being misused..grammatically incorrect? most probably...thanks for pointing it out...doesn't change my views on the subject though...

Let's hear it for Mr Ian Holloway

Instead of talking about how utterly shite the team were on Saturday, against medicore oppostion (at best), we are instead heaping all of the blame onto the poor feckin' fans that have endured said utter shite for a long long time

Top notch scapegoating and deflection :038:

Thank you homer. :038: I had never realised it was my fault and that of my fellow fans that we are closer to the relegation places than to the play offs. :icon_roll :mad: :mad:

Thank you homer. :038: I had never realised it was my fault and that of my fellow fans that we are closer to the relegation places than to the play offs. :icon_roll :mad: :mad:

I also never knew that the atmosphere at home matches, which for a long time has been more about critique than support, could have had a positive effect on the team.

Macky, you're right...I was using it in the context of 'supporters' as a phrase being misused..grammatically incorrect? most probably...thanks for pointing it out...doesn't change my views on the subject though...

I agree with your post but you should refrain from using (sic) unless you're pointing out that something previously published (and being quoted by you) is either grammatically incorrect or is misspelt. I think you made some very good points and apart from a few spelling mistakes it was a good post. :023:

Last edited:
it must help to raise your game if you're being praised rather than jeered.

If it works for God I'm sure it would work for our blue & white demigods. Good point Siouxsie. :icon_wink

Do the people who jeered Kisnorbo when he was playing poorly as a midfielder feel it helped him? I bet it's the same people who will moan and call him a traitor if he gets a chance to move to a premiership club and takes it.

Do the people who jeered Kisnorbo when he was playing poorly as a midfielder feel it helped him? I bet it's the same people who will moan and call him a traitor if he gets a chance to move to a premiership club and takes it.

i would say thanks and bye :023: ,

Kisnorbo at best has been ok nothing more TBH

Take the cash and spend it wisely MM ........................hold on wait its is LCFC :090:

If you look at the performance of the home team in previous World Cups you will find that recently teams that are hosting have performed over and above expectations. Why aren't we doing that? Maybe there is a modicum of truth in Holloway's comments? :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669