Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

I'm going to sound like I'm courting controversy here, but I'll say what I see and what I think:

Megson is doing an excellent job and I have very high hopes for the future with him in charge. I feel that he's the man to finally get us playing winning football in this league in time, and I support him 100%.

1. He's organised the team so they look balanced and solid. We're playing the formation that suits the players we have and one that covers up our inadequacies best.
2. His comments are spot on. He knows exactly what's wrong and what needs to be done to correct it.
3. I rate his two assistants (Burrows and Taggart) as exactly what's needed to support him.
4. Certain players such as Fryatt, Stearman, Mattock, Kishishev look far better now than before he came.
5. His smart introduction of King tonight suggested that he is prepared to pick whoever impresses him and back his own judgement.
6. He has a proven record at getting teams promoted from this league in workmanlike and efficient ways.
7. His substitutions are generally spot on.
8. He focuses on players doing the simple things right. Positional play, tracking markers, set pieces, shape etc. All are improving dramatically.
9. When his team start winning, they will climb the league fast and prove very tough to beat.
10. He's sussed out much of the garbage straightaway i.e. De Vries and made sure that it's well known that he won't tolerate the type of feeble performances that have been so frequently on show over recent years.

I'm going to sound like I'm courting controversy here, but I'll say what I see and what I think:

Megson is doing an excellent job and I have very high hopes for the future with him in charge. I feel that he's the man to finally get us playing winning football in this league in time, and I support him 100%.

1. He's organised the team so they look balanced and solid. We're playing the formation that suits the players we have and one that covers up our inadequacies best.
2. His comments are spot on. He knows exactly what's wrong and what needs to be done to correct it.
3. I rate his two assistants (Burrows and Taggart) as exactly what's needed to support him.
4. Certain players such as Fryatt, Stearman, Mattock, Kishishev look far better now than before he came.
5. His smart introduction of King tonight suggested that he is prepared to pick whoever impresses him and back his own judgement.
6. He has a proven record at getting teams promoted from this league in workmanlike and efficient ways.
8. He focuses on players doing the simple things right. Positional play, tracking markers, set pieces, shape etc. All are improving dramatically.
9. When his team start winning, they will climb the league fast and prove very tough to beat.
10. He's sussed out much of the garbage straightaway i.e. De Vries and made sure that it's well known that he won't tolerate the type of feeble performances that have been so frequently on show over recent years.

couldn't agree more,
i think its going to definately take time but megson has got it spot on when he said in that press conference that this clubs bin on its arse for the last few years and its about time we all do are bit to resurect the blue army!

11. 0 wins, 21st in the league, shit football. Surely everyone sees things can only get better.

So why bring off Fryatt when Hume was the one walking around in the middle instead of tackling back because he was knackered!

The problems we have no ware nothing to do with Megson. I think Martin Allen would have taken us to place. The blame lies at the door of Allen and Mandaric.

Some muppet behind me was shouting Megson Out after the game, the third home game on the trot. Wanker.

Jury is still out in the NN household. Granted he is playing to our strengths, decent defenders, but that isn't going to get us very far. From what little I've seen this season Stearman has improved, Mattock looks promising and Fryatt looks sharper. How much that is down to GM I've no idea and the introduction of King was really forced on him by the lack of options.

I think he'll get us organised and hard to beat, but without some creativity in midfield we are going nowhere.

Depressed and pessimistic now but I'll suffer a complete mood swing by Sat lunchtime when I'll be predicting a 3-0 win. :icon_conf

The problems we have no ware nothing to do with Megson. I think Martin Allen would have taken us to place. The blame lies at the door of Allen and Mandaric.

Some muppet behind me was shouting Megson Out after the game, the third home game on the trot. Wanker.

Statler or Waldorf?

Playing 3-4-3 with 10 minutes to go is lunacy.

0-0 against Wolves is not a fantastic result, but it isn't the end of the world.

If King was good enough to start tonight why not against Stoke instead of right back in midfield? The guy is as bizarre as this this thread. Too many players are being played out of position, how many right backs does one team require?

Okay so we're not winning many, but we have only lost once in 10 games. Whilst doing this, we are changing our formation and style of play totally.

With all these draws, our season is going to tip one way or the other, and I believe that it will start to get much better soon enough.

As the messiah said after tonights game, "this place has been on it's backside for three years and it will take some time to build and take it forward".

2 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat so far. Considering the shambolic club he joined, that's worthy of more respect than he's getting.

0-0 against Wolves is not a fantastic result, but it isn't the end of the world.

If we had beaten Stoke then I would have been quite happy with points shared with Wolves. But we didn't and we are falling too far behind now.

People are not giving Megson a fair chance. The squad he has inherited is huge and short in quality.

Last edited:
Megson is doing a fair job, he is stoping us losing, and hopefully he is prepared to give some of the promising new youngsters a chance to stake a claim for a first team spot on a more regular basis.:038:

Megson is doing a fair job, he is stoping us losing, and hopefully he is prepared to give some of the promising new youngsters a chance to stake a claim for a first team spot on a more regular basis.:038:

We need goals. Bring in the bald one!

Playing 3-4-3 with 10 minutes to go is lunacy.

Wolves never looked like scoring after the first 10 minutes. What is lunacy about pushing on to try and win a game?

Isn't that what we did against F*rest and Villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566