Gloucs v Leics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff said:
They've accelerated the rate now though, after a really slow start. It was something like 14 from the first 8 overs, and are now on 47 after 13 overs.

I suspect my calculations might be wrong as I think there were some overs lost this morning, although I was out until midday so wasn't in touch with the match.

glyn said:
Just noticed that Jon Lewis has been parachuted back into the team for the final innings after not being selected for the test. Nonsense.

What the feck?!!! How is that possible. Can we draught in Paul Harrison for the run chase!!!!

glyn said:
According to my calculations of the rules we have 35 overs + the last hour (min 16 overs) to score 240. It should be possible in these Twenty20 days, but we've taken 10 overs to get 27.

There were 45 overs available at the start of the Leics innings (according to Radio Gloucs).
66-2 off 18 at the moment, so they need 174 from 27. Certainly possible, 6.4 runs an over. Sadler's gone 13 balls without scoring so far though!

flashyfox said:
What the feck?!!! How is that possible. Can we draught in Paul Harrison for the run chase!!!!
If a player is picked in the England squad and not selected then they can come back into their county team. Its fair enough but I've never seen it used when a game is in the 4th day before!

Remember a few years ago, 98 probably, when we chased down 200+ in 20 overs in a county game. Chris Lewis and Vince Wells absolutely battered them. This was in the day before Twenty20 too!

Snape's contribution to the match (apart from his captaincy) has been a catch and a two-ball 1.

Hes the most useless cricketer in the country :(

Jeff said:
110-4 now. Mansoor Amjad's come in at 6, maybe Snape's still having his afternoon nap.

Sorry to drone on about this, but he's one of our best Twenty20 batsmen and hasn't batted yet! Oh and by the way didn't bowl in an innings of 439/7. What's he there for :102:

Chances gone I think.

CM said:
Remember a few years ago, 98 probably, when we chased down 200+ in 20 overs in a county game. Chris Lewis and Vince Wells absolutely battered them. This was in the day before Twenty20 too!

Out of those glory years, that still ranks as my highlight. It was a phenomenal performance. They had the attitude that no matter what the position, they could still win a match. That's what makes County Champions.

Last edited:
Are we having a go then? Amjad and Nixon seem to have accelerated the scoring. Now 163/4

How much time is left though? I thought it was supposed to end at 6!

We should just go all out and try and win it. If we lose then we'll miss out on 4 points for the draw, nothing really.

Last edited:
CM said:
Are we having a go then? Amjad and Nixon seem to have accelerated the scoring. Now 163/4

How much time is left though? I thought it was supposed to end at 6!

We should just go all out and try and win it. If we lose then we'll miss out on 4 points for the draw, nothing really.

The last hour starts after the minimum 80 overs (78 today due to the innings change) have been bowled. It might be slightly less due to the rain. There has to be a minimum 16 overs bowled after the start of the last hour.

Goes to show how cricket can be confusing, it should say clearly on the online scorecards what the situation is.

And I think it's fair to say we're going for it - Nixon 40 off 27 balls!

of course if the light here in Cardiff is anything to go by, they won't be able to play for much longer....

Who says cricket is boring?!

According to Webbo's earlier post, they need 52 off a minimum 7 overs

26 more needed, Henderson just hit 2 sixes! More exciting than the football this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669