Goal difference

Will our goal difference ultimately lead to our survival in the championship?

• Yes

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcfc40

Does anyone else share the opinion that the fact we have a considerably better goal difference than teams around us may ultimately save us from the drop in this very tight league? As well as causing a few heart-attacks on 4 May in the process...

Does anyone else share the opinion that the fact we have a considerably better goal difference than teams around us may ultimately save us from the drop in this very tight league? As well as causing a few heart-attacks on 4 May in the process...

Star Wars Day.
star-wars-smiley-023.gif

I reckon it'll all come down to penalties and i'm inclined to suggest that I'm probably not the stupidest person to post on this forum.

I've just been looking at who we are playing in our remaining 7 games and that includes Scunthorpe, Colchester, Shef Wednesday, Shef United and Barnsley.

If we cannot get enough points from those games to stay in this division with the squad we have, then I actually think we deserve to go down!! We shouldn't even have to rely on goal difference as we have one of the easiest run ins of any side in the league!

I've just been looking at who we are playing in our remaining 7 games and that includes Scunthorpe, Colchester, Shef Wednesday, Shef United and Barnsley.

If we cannot get enough points from those games to stay in this division with the squad we have, then I actually think we deserve to go down!! We shouldn't even have to rely on goal difference as we have one of the easiest run ins of any side in the league!

our results this season are not correlated with the league position of the opposition.

Totally agree :038:

Unbelievably we have only won twice in the league all season when the other team has scored and both of them were 4-1

Stoke away is a big ask. Where is the performance required coming from? We need 11 (plus subs) big performances with players prepared to give everything for the entire match. We need to concentrate for the entire game, not let people turn in our box and close down every Stoke player with the ball quickly. We need to be quicker and smarter than them and win every 50-50 ball. We have to take any chance of a gola we get because there wont be many. We must not give the ball away cheaply, if we do we must get it back straight away. We must never quit and we must maintain the highest level of confidence throughout. Only then will our goal difference matter at all, because if we fail in any of the above we will lose.

I want to believe we have what it takes to do this, but evidence is lacking.

Unless Stoke have an absolute mare and gift it to us of course. :icon_wink

I think Stoke might buckle under the pressure.....and win 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669