Google Woes And Yahoo Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

It has been a bad computer day with language worth many astericks. What began with a mild Google Calendar irritation has ended up with a really annoying Gmail problem.

I have been using a Google calendar for everything - family, history/heritage events, social, peoples birthdays and of course football fixtures. This of course got clogged up and seemed a bright idea to create a new Google calendar for football fixtures only. I went through all the steps to create a new calendar and there it was called Leicester City under My Calendars. However, no amount of clicking would open it. .

Then I had a not very bright idea. I knew Yahoo have a calendar. I would put the fixtures on a Yahoo calendar. However, when I tried to set up a Yahoo account they rejected me; you have to have a mobile phone and I don't have one.

Then matters got serious. Later I go to Gmail and find that I have had no new mail since about the time of my attempt to get into Yahoo. When I go to my basic service provider ntlworld.com I find tall he missing e-mails there. It has not got picked up by Gmail. If course the Yahoo business may just be a coincidence.

My first question is what am I doing wrong when I cannot open a new Google calendar.
My second question is how do I go back to having my e-mails go to Gmail.

I have long been in amazed by the expertise of technowizards on this forum. Spion starts a thread on "Wi Fi routers on VM hubs" while Matt begins one on "batch files" and I am awestruck. I don't understand the questions let alone the answer.
So it never occurred to me that a technodunce could ask questions that baffle even the experts. Surely somebody on the forum uses Google Calendar and Gmail.

What am I doing wrong in Google Calendar that it won't open a new calendar?
How do I get the e-mails that are getting to my internet provider passed to Gmail as they used to be,

Why is your internet provider holding on to emails? Do you have a gmail address or an NTL email address? Is gmail trying to access NTL inbox? If so, have they changed their pop settings?

What happens when you try? How exactly are you trying?

Gmail has nothing to do with your internet provider. You should be able to access them by logging in here.

I am going to the dropdown menu by My Calendar then clicking Creatre new calendar filling in the details and clicking Create. The new calendar sits there and everything looks perfect except that when I click on the new calendar nothing happens

The problem has changed. Suddenly most of my e-mails are getting through but a few are showing ip with my ISP provider and not Gmail.

I am going to the dropdown menu by My Calendar then clicking Creatre new calendar filling in the details and clicking Create. The new calendar sits there and everything looks perfect except that when I click on the new calendar nothing happens

The problem has changed. Suddenly most of my e-mails are getting through but a few are showing ip with my ISP provider and not Gmail.

You've not answered the email question. What is your email address domain, the bit after the @ symbol?

The one through my isp is @ntlworld.com
The gmail one is obviously @gmail.com

The gmail one won't go anywhere near your isp then so they shouldn't be holding on to emails.

When you click the calendar, it just hides and shows that calendar's events on the main one. Have you added any events to it?

The gmail one won't go anywhere near your isp then so they shouldn't be holding on to emails.

When you click the calendar, it just hides and shows that calendar's events on the main one. Have you added any events to it?

I have not been able to add any events ti the new calendar because ot won't open. I created a calendar called Leicester City but when I click it nothing happens. I then created one called birthday and this also would not open.

I have not been able to add any events ti the new calendar because ot won't open. I created a calendar called Leicester City but when I click it nothing happens. I then created one called birthday and this also would not open.

In the gmail website? It doesn't open anything, it just shows events on the main calendar. Click on the main calendars to add an event and choose the new calendar from the dropdown. Can you see the main calendar?

Thanks for the advice folks. I have given up on it. Having extra calendars has not been worth the sheer irritation.

Wow. Just, wow.

Even my mother has one and she's in her 70's!

Peoples 70s are just late middle aged.

The mobile phone has too many negatives. There are the boors who talk on the phone rather than to the checkout girl serving them or who chatter on trains when I am trying to read. There is one mobile phone user worse than any. One day I will cause a scene by telling some mother she should be talking (or better still listening) to her children instead of ignoring them in favour of talking to friends.

There is a quote from Axel Munthe (Swedish antiquarian) in the 1930s I have always liked "The telephone that deadly weapon in the hands of idle women."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669