Grand Designs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Some of us surveyors consider him a bit 'fairy'.

I think that would sum up the difference between a surveyor and an architect. ;) But as I am not an Architect it does not concern me!

Interesting analogy Sparky, one factor that this would take is time.

Personally, i'd like to see us consolidate this year, of course if promotion comes take it, if it doesn't, take the league by storm next season.

However, it has been shown already this season, that time is a commodity that few are willing to give for success!

I agree with you.

It seems to me that automatic promotion is already out of reach. It is possible that QPR or Cardiff will go off the rails. However, it is highly likely that at least one of the chasing pack will go on a good run.

The play-offs are within reach. However, they are a lottery. I thought Cardiff were better than Blackpool over the season but Blackpool - all credit to their manager - won on the big days.

The thing to aim for is automatic promotion and a serious challenge for that will have to wait until next season when hopefully we will be fitter. Let Sven concentrate on getting the foundations right, bringing in quality players and turning them into a team.

The one qualification I would make is to the last paragraph. This should not be seen as a criticism of the Sousa out campaign. Like Martin Allen Sousa brought in a number of players none of whom seemed capable of performing at this level. I have always believed the pre-season is absolutely vital and the lack of fitness that fans saw (and that Wellens has confirmed) had to count against Sousa and be a problem for the rest of the season.

With roughly the same squad Pearson got in to the playoffs last season as well.

I think that Boc is right - the pantomine of losing Pearson and bringing in Sousa who tried to impose a style alongside a training regime that turned a 'difficult to beat' side into a pushover - has effectively wrecked any chance of promotion.

I just hope that the owners or whoever is running the club understand that success in this division is usually only hard won - and not by trying to talk us into a media circus on the back of stoking speculation about bringing in Beckham or other over the hill and halfway down the other side 'name' players. 20 minutes cameo appearances for England is one thing - slogging it out for 90+ minutes in a highly physical league is quite another.

I want to believe that Sven is up for the long haul....but something tells me that this may be a bit optimistic.

I think that Boc is right - the pantomine of losing Pearson and bringing in Sousa who tried to impose a style alongside a training regime that turned a 'difficult to beat' side into a pushover - has effectively wrecked any chance of promotion.

I just hope that the owners or whoever is running the club understand that success in this division is usually only hard won - and not by trying to talk us into a media circus on the back of stoking speculation about bringing in Beckham or other over the hill and halfway down the other side 'name' players. 20 minutes cameo appearances for England is one thing - slogging it out for 90+ minutes in a highly physical league is quite another.

I want to believe that Sven is up for the long haul....but something tells me that this may be a bit optimistic.

I agree with you.

We're certainly not going to get 2-points a game for the remainder of the season. We need more than 1 point a game to avoid relegation; I'd like to hope that we are capable of that.

10 points from last 5 games :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670