Match Thread Grimsby v Leicester u21s EFL Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

That's right people, a chance to put the PL shortcomings behind us with the game we've all been waiting for.

After getting the bonus point victory in the last game, a win here would stand us in good stead of getting out of the group and from there, who knows and it could be a good chance of getting a trophy that has eluded us thus far.

Perhaps we will see a repeat of one of the greatest goals scored on the very same hallowed turf which could then really kick start our season.

Surprised no pre match thread already but I assume everyone else is too busy travelling to the game now to start a thread.

Hopefully there will be a stream as I couldn't get the time off work for this once in a lifetime opportunity but if someone could pick me up a half and half scarf I would be eternally greatfull.

Come on you super sexy blue foxes! :026::026::026:

2-1 Leicester. Scowcroft, Izzet.

2-1 Leicester. Scowcroft, Izzet.
It's not unlike the Ulloa strike against Man Utd in that it never really looks like a goalscoring opportunity. You expect the ball to go out of play any second and the goalscorer then has to move backwards to reach the ball. Izzet's finish, though, admittedly even better.

Ct8P4BxWEAEH6PF.jpg:large

I did, I confused myself. There are so many websites using the wrong description for this competition I relied one one of the many that has got it wrong. I should have known because I've linked to the rules before - they're here: http://www.efl.com/global/trophyrules.aspx
Would you like me to write to the EFL to change the name of the competition or should we close the thread because it was wrong?

Anyway; Debayo gets his debut already.

Would you like me to write to the EFL to change the name of the competition or should we close the thread because it was wrong?

I've never closed a thread because the name of the competition is wrong.

So I guess the only option is for you to write to the EFL.

What do you want the competition to be called?
At the moment, to be accurate, it's called the Checkatrade Trophy.

I've never closed a thread because the name of the competition is wrong.

So I guess the only option is for you to write to the EFL.

What do you want the competition to be called?
At the moment, to be accurate, it's called the Checkatrade Trophy.
I'm easy with either option TBH

I was just going for the American style seeing as that's what the football league trying to be doing with the rebranding.

I just used the same that the beeb used and I'm sure last time they were listed as u23s but now it's u21s.

**** nos what it should be called but not really fussed so long as we win the bloody thing!

This has been like the longest day ever but only 7 mins to wait now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566