New Contract Hamza Choudhury

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City can confirm that an agreement has been reached for Academy graduate Hamza Choudhury to extend his stay at King Power Stadium.

The 25-year-old midfielder, who came through the ranks of the Club’s Academy and has made almost 100 appearances for the Football Club since his debut in 2017, has signed a new contract until the summer of 2027.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Choudhury said: It’s an amazing feeling for me and my family. This is my home. I’ve obviously spent the majority of my life here around the same people in the same environment. I’m looking forward to cracking on now and hopefully helping the team get back to the Premier League. It's my home. To be staying here for another four years is exactly what I want.”

Loughborough-born Hamza joined the Club at the age of seven and has since risen through the ranks to establish himself as a valued member of Enzo Maresca’s squad, having also been given the captain’s armband for this month’s win over Norwich City.

Choudhury made his debut in in September 2017, coming on as substitute in a 2-0 win over Liverpool in the EFL Cup Third Round, and has subsequently represented the Foxes in Premier League and UEFA European competition.

Loan spells have further helped his development, with the former England Under-21 youth international spending time with Burton Albion and Watford in the Sky Bet Championship over recent seasons.

The midfielder was an also an integral member of the Leicester City squad that lifted the FA Cup and Community Shield in 2021.

Are we not expecting to go up this season then?

The new management clearly see something in him, and considering the improvement we've seen in Ndidi I'm more than happy for the club to back them here. Hamza's ability to fill that RB/DM role which Ricardo surely can't perform in all season will be handy too - if he can finally get some serious game time it'll be interesting to see how he develops

The new management clearly see something in him, and considering the improvement we've seen in Ndidi I'm more than happy for the club to back them here. Hamza's ability to fill that RB/DM role which Ricardo surely can't perform in all season will be handy too - if he can finally get some serious game time it'll be interesting to see how he develops
He could be the main beneficiary of the Doyle injury.

I can only speak positively of Hamza this season. Whilst has hasn't been a regular I think he's playing his best ever football. Enzo has certainly made a big impact here.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463