help, I-Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorkshire Vixen said:
MKFox said:
:roll:
What a palaver!
If I want to listen to some music I put a 33 rpm on me turntable. The hiss and crackle are atmosphere enhancers... :p
:lol: you are making yourself sound old mk :D
Sorry YV...sometimes I put on my 45 rpms :p
You can't beat vinyl...

MKFox said:
You can't beat vinyl...

If you did you'd be a record breaker....

...I'll get my tunic.

Anything you need to know - just PM me... I got iPod rip too, which takes all tunes off an iPod and on to your computer of choice... nice..

alex said:
Anything you need to know - just PM me... I got iPod rip too, which takes all tunes off an iPod and on to your computer of choice... nice..

how does that work? don't u need the Cd's?? :?

Like homer said Scodger get yourself a Walkman...technology isn't always a good thing.

alex said:

I'm surprised you need special software for that, most of the mp3 players I've used will appear as an extra drive on your computer so you can just copy stuff using file manager.
That's if you're using a PC anyway, maybe Macs don't work like that.

itunes either lets you drag and drop or automatically synchronises your library and ipod. if you choose to synchronise then you can't delete the songs of your pc without deleting them of your ipod-which is why i use the drag and drop option as once its on ur ipod you can delete it off your pc-as durham said buy one you won't be dissapointed!-take it from the people who actually own the ipod, not the people who have read reviews!

drummindefender said:
itunes either lets you drag and drop or automatically synchronises your library and ipod. if you choose to synchronise then you can't delete the songs of your pc without deleting them of your ipod-which is why i use the drag and drop option as once its on ur ipod you can delete it off your pc-as durham said buy one you won't be dissapointed!-take it from the people who actually own the ipod, not the people who have read reviews!

The stuff I've said to persuade people to look at alternatives is fact, not opinion.

The ipod is more expensive than a lot of others. Fact.

The ipod won't let you play wma files, ruling you out of using some download services. Fact.

If you buy an ipod wihtout being aware of what the alternatives offer I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, it's a very good piece of kit, I've never denied that.
But that's no reason to buy one without considering the alternatives.

If I was buying an mp3 player now I'd probably buy one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002TSU2O/ref=br_lf_li_1_2/202-8247960-7023009
But don't take my word for it, read the reviews on Amazon.

i can accept that people disagree that the ipod is worth the extra money-but a hell of a lot of people would agree with me that it is 8) plus a fixed monthly rate may not be the ideal situation for everyone...

drummindefender said:
i can accept that people disagree that the ipod is worth the extra money-but a hell of a lot of people would agree with me that it is 8)

I think it depends on your priorities. The ipod is smaller and looks better, and it has a name that people know because of all the marketing hype.

plus a fixed monthly rate may not be the ideal situation for everyone...

Of course not. But the person who originally asked the question several pages ago may not have been aware of it.

drummindefender said:
i think the clickwheel gives the ipod a huge advantage other its competitors though webbo-do you own a zen then mate?

I own an older model zen (30GB) , and an even older 20GB creative Jukebox. Plus a smaller cheap and nasty mp3 player that's handy when the other one's too big.

Scodger Cubs said:
highland fox said:
Like homer said Scodger get yourself a Walkman...technology isn't always a good thing.

That's not what i've heard - Homer has some new technolody that vibrates... :eek: :oops:

:-(

Scodger Cubs said:
Steven said:
Scodger Cubs said:
highland fox said:

That's not what i've heard - Homer has some new technolody that vibrates... :eek: :oops:

It's the fecking keyboard!!!! :roll: :twisted:

and yes i spelt it "fecking" :roll: :lol:

Fecking is fine. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
Scodger Cubs said:
Steven said:
Scodger Cubs said:
highland fox said:

It's the fecking keyboard!!!! :roll: :twisted:

and yes i spelt it "fecking" :roll: :lol:

Fecking is fine. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

I'm glad it fits your spelling requirements! :roll: ;) :p :lol:

sorry to bring back an old thread but i need help, regarding my I-Pod.
could anyone please tell me the name of the wire that you connect between your computer and i-pod when transfering music.
I have lost it somehow:102: :102: and need a new one.
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670