Holloway at QPR..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter!! It doesn't matter who thought anything 2 years ago, 3 months ago or last week, it doesn't matter who apllied and who didn't, who we wanted and who we didn't. Milan makes the choice of who he thinks may get us promoted - if he succeeds good stuff, if he doesn't well we know what happens then.
Why worry about what other people thought of him when he was at QPR??

Nobody is worrying about it.

Does it hurt to have some perspective on his history? :102:

Doesn't hurt to have some perspective, just the implicating way it was posted.

Different people can read the same thread and get a totally different meaning from it. Seems to happen a lot on here!

We do seem to have got some negative reactions. Why are we bothered about QPR directors? The great Len Shackleton had a chapter of bis book entitled "What directors know about football" and underneath was a blank page. I wonder what Forest fans thought when Cloughie was appointed. Did they remember that Leeds directors sacked him after 33 days. Olly is the Leicester manager and deserves the support of Leicester fans until he rpoves otherwise. Good luck to him because for him to be successful the club will need to be successful.

None of whom want to come and probably because of our current chairman.

I know for a fact that Grayson would love to manage Leicester but he won't while MM is here, or perhaps to clarify, while MM is here and the club is in its current predicament.

Whether thats chicken or egg is another matter.

Total nonsense

Not totally, DF....Grayson would love to manage LCFC - but I get your point.

I think we have to be realistic - in two different ways:

first; we shouldn't have too high expectations of Holloway - he is not a top notcher;if he manages us to becoming a competitive championship side and gets the team playing in a more attacking mode then he will have done well

and second; he is most likely the best we could have expected and I think Mandaric has done well to prise him from Plymouth where he was doing very nicely. If Mandaric had appointed the likes of Reid then it would have been a killer - whilst this appointment is a bit more interesting.

Certainly Holloway should be seen as better than Grayson - Holloway has taken Plymouth, a small club, to the edge of the play off places; Grayson has Blackpool, another small club, in the potential relegation area. Most of the people who have called for Grayson would never have bothered about him except for the irrelvant reason that he was a former (average) player for us.

I think we have to be realistic - in two different ways:

first; we shouldn't have too high expectations of Holloway - he is not a top notcher;if he manages us to becoming a competitive championship side and gets the team playing in a more attacking mode then he will have done well

and second; he is most likely the best we could have expected and I think Mandaric has done well to prise him from Plymouth where he was doing very nicely. If Mandaric had appointed the likes of Reid then it would have been a killer - whilst this appointment is a bit more interesting.

Certainly Holloway should be seen as better than Grayson - Holloway has taken Plymouth, a small club, to the edge of the play off places; Grayson has Blackpool, another small club, in the potential relegation area. Most of the people who have called for Grayson would never have bothered about him except for the irrelvant reason that he was a former (average) player for us.

congrats, a top post dear sir!

Certainly Holloway should be seen as better than Grayson - Holloway has taken Plymouth, a small club, to the edge of the play off places; Grayson has Blackpool, another small club, in the potential relegation area.

Out of the two, Grayson had more of an impact at Blackpool than Holloway has at Plymouth. Blackpool were in danger of relegation to the bottom division before he took over.

Out of the two, Grayson had more of an impact at Blackpool than Holloway has at Plymouth. Blackpool were in danger of relegation to the bottom division before he took over.

similar to ian dowie at palace, i would hate to have a manager of that mould in charge

...........................................................- Holloway has taken Plymouth, a small club, to the edge of the play off places; Grayson has Blackpool, another small club, in the potential relegation area. Most of the people who have called for Grayson would never have bothered about him except for the irrelvant reason that he was a former (average) player for us.

For the first time I can ever recall, I have to disagree with you RF - the bit about never being bothered with Grayson...I believe he has shown just the right kind of attributes in his short tenure with the 'Pool, and will move on to bigger things in time - perhaps here one day.

similar to ian dowie at palace..........,

By that, I hope you mean the only similarity is the fact that they both took sides on a fantastic run and got them promoted - as they are not similar in any other way, of that I can assure you.

as they are not similar in any other way, of that I can assure you.

i await any evidence to suggest they are different in a managerial sense, at the moment SG is looking at taking them straight back down which is exactly what ugly cnut did at palace

lets stop the negatives, IH is here hopefuuly for the next 3 years and a bit (I can't do the half), get down there, and give it laldy.

So was Alex Ferguson and so was Jose Mourinho when they were going through bad patches.

I doubt you would find any manager who has had a career of more than a couple of seasons without some people criticising him.

At Leicester, I doubt you'd find any manager ever including Garry Parker and Allan Evans who managed for 1 game!

Hopefully Holloways result on Saturday will be somewhat better than Garry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670