homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by boosmanana on "another" forum

"One of the strikers we are looking at is David Johnson of Forest. I know this for a fact as my dad's mate is best mates with David Johnson"

I'd be happy with that to be honest. The guy has up and down seasons but when he is on song he can score a bloody hatful!!

Johnson's been crap since he had a bad injury, he'd be a big risk. He's also on decent money at f*rest, so he may want more than we can afford.

Get the boy fit and I think he'd be a decent acquisition! At 29 he has also got afew years left in him.

I think Johnson would do a job. Looked like Megson didnt fancy him so he might return to something like his old form if he got away from the trees.

Would be a decent signing in my opinion if we can get him on a free, surely forest will want him off there books as well with the wages he will be getting.

What about having a crack at Matt Jansen??

Hes not going to get a chance of regular first team football with Dickov, Kuqi, Bellers and Gallagher in front of him. Hes had a lot of problems but I reckon hes worth a shot.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
What about having a crack at Matt Jansen??

Hes not going to get a chance of regular first team football with Dickov, Kuqi, Bellers and Gallagher in front of him. Hes had a lot of problems but I reckon hes worth a shot.

too much baggage for a small team like us i reckon

Johnson hasn't been the same player since he had that serious injury.He's not the worst player we could get but not for me thanks...too risky,we don't need anymore injury prone players.

Cannot envisage Johnson coming here as a bench warmer, whilst he has been a decent player in the past, my concern would be that he could be another Nathan Blake or worse still another Lee Morris. One concern I have with Johnson is whether he still has the desire and hunger anymore, I would have actually preferred Marlon King if we were to have signed any striker from Forest.

I actually think Levein will plump for a striker who has yet to be linked with us, we as fans tend to look at the usual suspects, we tend not to have inside info at other clubs as to who may be available. One thing for sure we need one soon to provide that competition for places we so desperately require.

Marlon King has gone to Watford.

I thought he looked appauling against us last season and he didnt look much better when he came on against us for Leeds. Hes utter garbage.

Maloney on loan would be a good shout if he struggles to find anyone else.

I know he has that is why I wrote that I would have preferred King if we were to sign anyone from Forest. TBH I wouldnt really want either.

Maloney is a decent shout and I see no reason why we couldnt sign him on an initial years loan with a view to signing him permently next summer. He must be way down the pecking order at Celtic, and with them going out and signing the Polish striker, as well as Hartson, Sutton, Beattie etc, it looks likely he is going to struggle to get anywhere near first team contention.

Similar to Stephen Hughes in the way that he was the great hope of scottish football and then fell by the wayside because of foreign imports. If we got him and he had the same impact I would be very happy!!

Young, pacey and Skillful- everything we are looking for.

If we can make a signing of Maloney's calibre then it would certainly send out a message to the rest of the division. Also Lovell turning us down would be a massive blessing in disguise.

Bit of a conspiracy theory here, but CL is convinced that he will tie up these signings prior to Tuesday, who is in town on tuesday ....Celtic...could it be that negotiations are on going between the clubs to secure Maloney's signature. Plus it would be two fingers up to Aberdeen.

Interesting theory! You may just be right. Although Maloney came on yesterday and 'looked lively' according to teamtalk in there game at Fulham.

Strachan wants more signings though so hes only going to fall further down the pecking order.Plus they have that Aladin from Arsenal as well.

I would be well impressed if we got young Shaun, and your right I dont think its a major set back that we didnt get Lovell.

Maloney played for Celtic against Fulham yesterday which IMO would make any imminent signing of him to us unlikely.

Not necessarily, players need to be kept sharp and fit, and if the deal as yet to be finalised then Strachan would still need to include him in his squad. But it is still a decent point. The more I think about it MB stated we were in talks with 2 established strikers does Maloney really fit that description.

McBride from Fulham would score goals at this level..getting on a bit I think though.

McBride doesnt really fit in with the pacey type of striker we are looking for IMO. At the moment I am hard pressed to think of an established pacey striker who is of the quality we require but is within our limited budget. Any names anyone ?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
McBride doesnt really fit in with the pacey type of striker we are looking for IMO. At the moment I am hard pressed to think of an established pacey striker who is of the quality we require but is within our limited budget. Any names anyone ?

Malcolm Christie....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670