Hoof Hoof

Status
Not open for further replies.

suffolk fox

Am a season ticket holder and like most am becoming increasingly frustrated fed up and angry at the inept (for want of a better word) tactical nouse of one Mr Craig Levein. Why oh why do we play hoof hoof football most of the time, especially when MDV is in the line up. What is the point of having a midfield if you are going to bypass that and just lump it up front! Early on in the season we did try to play passing football and I thought it was pleasing to watch! Damn site better to what we have now! I'm not blaming MDV, he at least puts the effort in and trys. He is often unsupported up front because again Levein can't see what most other fans can see. What we require is a midfield player who can put his foot on the ball look up and pass. God how simple is that? Surely Mr Levein can see that? As we supporters no we are in dire straights. I believe it is time for Mr Levein to leave. He has run out of ideas, too many poor excuses, clutching at straws. He can't pick a settled side. Changes every week aren't helping. Why does he not start with Hume in the side in midfield? If you look at the stats MDV is not that bad 9 goals this season proves that! Problem is Levein doesn't start him every time! Another problem we have is corners. How poor are we at corners. Our corner count is invariably more than the opposition in most games yet they either go to no-one or straight into the goalkeepers arms. What do they practise in training? How to kick it into the opposing goalies arms! I like most am very frustrated, I believe it is time for Mr Levein to go. At the rate we are going we WILL go down! Believe me this hurts me with a passion! I know I won't be liked for saying this but I believe in the short term give the job to one Dion DUBLIN. It would not cost us any money(apart from having to pay off levein)....He knows the players, He is already at the club. He gets on with the other players at the club...He is experienced in the game and has many connections. I for one believe he couldn't do any worse! Why has Levein dropped him from the squad anyhow? In the games he has played this season we at least have managed to accrue more points. (Stats prove that)...My first post, chaps but at least I have got most of my frustrations out now! Mr Levein has to go for the good of the Club!

suffolk fox said:
Am a season ticket holder and like most am becoming increasingly frustrated fed up and angry at the inept (for want of a better word) tactical nouse of one Mr Craig Levein.

Why oh why do we play hoof hoof football most of the time, especially when MDV is in the line up. What is the point of having a midfield if you are going to bypass that and just lump it up front! Early on in the season we did try to play passing football and I thought it was pleasing to watch! Damn site better to what we have now!

I'm not blaming MDV, he at least puts the effort in and trys. He is often unsupported up front because again Levein can't see what most other fans can see. What we require is a midfield player who can put his foot on the ball look up and pass. God how simple is that? Surely Mr Levein can see that? As we supporters no we are in dire straights. I believe it is time for Mr Levein to leave. He has run out of ideas, too many poor excuses, clutching at straws.

He can't pick a settled side. Changes every week aren't helping. Why does he not start with Hume in the side in midfield? If you look at the stats MDV is not that bad 9 goals this season proves that! Problem is Levein doesn't start him every time!

Another problem we have is corners. How poor are we at corners. Our corner count is invariably more than the opposition in most games yet they either go to no-one or straight into the goalkeepers arms. What do they practise in training? How to kick it into the opposing goalies arms! I like most am very frustrated, I believe it is time for Mr Levein to go.

At the rate we are going we WILL go down! Believe me this hurts me with a passion! I know I won't be liked for saying this but I believe in the short term give the job to one Dion DUBLIN. It would not cost us any money(apart from having to pay off levein)....He knows the players, He is already at the club. He gets on with the other players at the club...He is experienced in the game and has many connections. I for one believe he couldn't do any worse!

Why has Levein dropped him from the squad anyhow? In the games he has played this season we at least have managed to accrue more points. (Stats prove that)...My first post, chaps but at least I have got most of my frustrations out now! Mr Levein has to go for the good of the Club!

Welcome Suffolk, agree with what you said, but MDV doesn't make the right runs or get in right spaces IMO. I don't know if this is becuase he doesn't play every game or even with the same strike partner.

suffolk fox said:
Am a season ticket holder and like most am becoming increasingly frustrated fed up and angry at the inept (for want of a better word) tactical nouse of one Mr Craig Levein. Why oh why do we play hoof hoof football most of the time, especially when MDV is in the line up. What is the point of having a midfield if you are going to bypass that and just lump it up front! Early on in the season we did try to play passing football and I thought it was pleasing to watch! Damn site better to what we have now! I'm not blaming MDV, he at least puts the effort in and trys. He is often unsupported up front because again Levein can't see what most other fans can see. What we require is a midfield player who can put his foot on the ball look up and pass. God how simple is that? Surely Mr Levein can see that? As we supporters no we are in dire straights. I believe it is time for Mr Levein to leave. He has run out of ideas, too many poor excuses, clutching at straws. He can't pick a settled side. Changes every week aren't helping. Why does he not start with Hume in the side in midfield? If you look at the stats MDV is not that bad 9 goals this season proves that! Problem is Levein doesn't start him every time! Another problem we have is corners. How poor are we at corners. Our corner count is invariably more than the opposition in most games yet they either go to no-one or straight into the goalkeepers arms. What do they practise in training? How to kick it into the opposing goalies arms! I like most am very frustrated, I believe it is time for Mr Levein to go. At the rate we are going we WILL go down! Believe me this hurts me with a passion! I know I won't be liked for saying this but I believe in the short term give the job to one Dion DUBLIN. It would not cost us any money(apart from having to pay off levein)....He knows the players, He is already at the club. He gets on with the other players at the club...He is experienced in the game and has many connections. I for one believe he couldn't do any worse! Why has Levein dropped him from the squad anyhow? In the games he has played this season we at least have managed to accrue more points. (Stats prove that)...My first post, chaps but at least I have got most of my frustrations out now! Mr Levein has to go for the good of the Club!

MDV only has 6 in the league, and they were only over 4(?) games I think, so not exactly resounding, scoring in 4 out of 19 performances.

It is not hoof ball to MDV.

IPlaying it on the ground to the wingers is fine but against Cardiff, Hughes and Smith were not doing anything with it.
If you watched MDV against Cardiff there were numerous times he trapped the ball on his chest, brought it to ground and forced his way round one or two defenders for a pass or a shot. It was from such a move that MDV set up the cross for the goal. MDV should be playing every game and Fryatt looked good chasing into the 6 yard box in case the goalie made a mistake.

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:

IPlaying it on the ground to the wingers is fine but against Cardiff, Hughes and Smith were not doing anything with it.
If you watched MDV against Cardiff there were numerous times he trapped the ball on his chest, brought it to ground and forced his way round one or two defenders for a pass or a shot. It was from such a move that MDV set up the cross for the goal. MDV should be playing every game and Fryatt looked good chasing into the 6 yard box in case the goalie made a mistake.

I saw him do it a few times yes, but for me he is just so unbelievable weak on the ball and has the most pathetic shot power. Elvis can trap the ball and turn players, but at least he has a bit of pace aswell

Most of the time they looked as though they didn't want the ball, they were just standing around rather than making runs and creating space. It's difficult for players to find a pass when there's no movement.

I just get the impression that no-one cares anymore (probably with the exception of paddy mac).
I feel CL has lost the dressing room/ respect of players etc. I cannot see us being in this division next season if CL stays in charge.
And to think that Martin O'Neill recomended him!!
Nice one Mart!!

BlueThru&Thru said:
I just get the impression that no-one cares anymore (probably with the exception of paddy mac).
I feel CL has lost the dressing room/ respect of players etc. I cannot see us being in this division next season if CL stays in charge.
And to think that Martin O'Neill recomended him!!
Nice one Mart!!

As a joke! Didn't we see the signs when Martin was giggling and rolling around as he told us!

welcome suffolk fox

i have to disagree with DD as manager, local lad and all, but absolutley no experience = should not manage fizzy team.

(and try using the return button ;) )

MDV should be playing every game and Fryatt looked good chasing into the 6 yard box in case the goalie made a mistake.

Agree with you, but the worrying thing is how long will it be before Fryatt has all confidence drained out of him? Smith, Hume, MDV, Maybury etc all made good starts but we have rapidly seen there performances go the wrong way. I hope Smith is soon back to form and it was a one off, we will need him MDV and Fryatt playing well to have a slim chance whoever the manager may be.

webmaster said:
It wasn't a one off, he's been poor several times. I put it down to tiredness the first couple of times, but it looks like he just couldn't be bothered.

since his loan was extended he hasn't shown the same enthusiasm. i think he was hoping Wenger would want him back after his displays, and is perhaps a bit deflated that he was allowed to stay here

Last edited:
webmaster said:
It wasn't a one off, he's been poor several times. I put it down to tiredness the first couple of times, but it looks like he just couldn't be bothered.

I didn't think he had been that bad but each to their own. I had been telling my mate who hasn't been down for some time to watch out for Smith, made me look an right idiot. My mate couldn't believe how much worse we had got since the end of last season.

webmaster said:

Why does he need to bother when there are so mnay City fans who continue to laud him despite his poor performances?

bocadillo said:
Why does he need to bother when there are so mnay City fans who continue to laud him despite his poor performances?
Hang on, we have people on this forum telling us that some players aren't performing because the fans are on their back, and now Smith isn't performing because some like him.:102: FFS!

Bobby Smith said:
Hang on, we have people on this forum telling us that some players aren't performing because the fans are on their back, and now Smith isn't performing because some like him.:102: FFS!

That could be one interpretation of what I wrote. Another, and the one that I intended, was that the fans are not treating all the players even-handedly.

bocadillo said:
That could be one interpretation of what I wrote. Another, and the one that I intended, was that the fans are not treating all the players even-handedly.

I agree with Boc, Kisnorbo did not deserve to be booed as he played better then smith and hughes IMO! :frown:

webmaster said:
..................but it looks like he just couldn't be bothered.
This could be applied to several players tbf.

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
This could be applied to several players tbf.

All this about booing players and singing, dancing and supporting them blah blah blah, at the beginning of the season everyone was singing and supporting them. Kisnorbo was one of the most eagerly awaited players for a while at this club when he came back from injury. But they still played shit! Go figure I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669