Hossein Kaebi and Alex Morfaw...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for doublepost but...

...a guy at the Swedish Leicester forum (www.svenskafans.com/england/leicester/forum.asp) said that the Iranian national team manager has said that Kaebi is going to England to do medical for either Wigan or Leicester, but Leicester are closest to sign him. Is this correct?

Without looking back at posts, wasn't the rumour started that he had already had a medical for us :102:

this dude isn't coming to Leicester.
and neither is Saganowski.
There.

well everybody is saying the same information on iranian news:

Kaebi is to go fly to England with National team mate Teymourian. Taymourian will be attending a day at the Bolton training for a scheduled check-up, however kaebi is EITHER going to wigan or LCFC for a medical entry test.

Well to be honest guys i hope he doenst go to wigan! Kaebi has earlier said that due to the fact that he is coming from a poor family (he comes from south of iran where it was under attack for 8 years in the IranIraq war) therefore he would keep the wage details in mind as well!!

I have a question guys, can someone give me a quick history detail on LCFC please? i jsut remeber that u guys where in the epl couple of years ago! i would like to know some insider news, not the usual Wikipedia news lol:)

(as u can see already with these rumours LCFC has attracted a lot of Iranian fans)

Last edited:
well everybody is saying the same information on iranian news:

Kaebi is to go fly to England with National team mate Teymourian. Taymourian will be attending a day at the Bolton training for a scheduled check-up, however kaebi is EITHER going to wigan or LCFC for a medical entry test.

Well to be honest guys i hope he doenst go to wigan! Kaebi has earlier said that due to the fact that he is coming from a poor family (he comes from south of iran where it was under attack for 8 years in the IranIraq war) therefore he would keep the wage details in mind as well!!

I have a question guys, can someone give me a quick history detail on LCFC please? i jsut remeber that u guys where in the epl couple of years ago! i would like to know some insider news, not the usual Wikipedia news lol:)

(as u can see already with these rumours LCFC has attracted a lot of Iranian fans)

welcome irn rugby:thumbs_up

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Records/0,,10274~396400,00.html

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/History/0,,10274,00.html

Last edited:
Thanks Irn Rugby and Kaebi for your information.

I, for one, hope that Kaebi signs for Leicester City. He sounds like a great prospect.

My biggest concern is his height. The Champinship is a very physically strong league and many goals are scored aerially via set piece corners, free kicks etc. For this reason he would be earmarked by opposition teams as a weakness defensively.

Maybe he would be more suited to the right midfield/wing position here if he does sign?
i see what you are saying with the set pieces and stuff, but for corner kicks he is OUTSTANDING at guarding the post, i can recall like 5 occasions where he stopped the ball on the line. And not just because the ball hit him, but reaching out with his leg and stopping it. And for set pieces he is very strong and could easily mark the opponents shortest man even if he has a hieght advantage.

But yes, he could play as a winger, even striker. His finishing ability leaves much to be desired but he has an uncanny ability of getting penalty kicks.

i see what you are saying with the set pieces and stuff, but for corner kicks he is OUTSTANDING at guarding the post, i can recall like 5 occasions where he stopped the ball on the line. And not just because the ball hit him, but reaching out with his leg and stopping it. And for set pieces he is very strong and could easily mark the opponents shortest man even if he has a hieght advantage.

But yes, he could play as a winger, even striker. His finishing ability leaves much to be desired but he has an uncanny ability of getting penalty kicks.

Welcome to Kaebi13 and Irn Rugby - if you are really Iranian and not pulling our plonkers (your English is much better than most on this board :biggrin:

Welcome to Kaebi13 and Irn Rugby - if you are really Iranian and not pulling our plonkers (your English is much better than most on this board :biggrin:

haha thanks!!! yes i am really persian grown up in dubai and currently living in germany!!! thats why i speak englisch better than my mother language (iranian)

OY!! Kaebi13!! Never mind about Iranian footballers - living where you do, I'm surprised you haven't had anything to say in the thread about Chris Benoit.

Let's be hearing from you.

Last edited:
surely RN or Bob could shed some light on this?

OY!! Kaebi13!! Never mind about Iranian footballers - living where you do, I'm surprised you haven't had anything to say in the thread about Chris Benoit.

Let's be hearing from you.
uhh...that is really wierd cause i live in atlanta where he died....did i mention that in one of my posts or something? Strange haha

But the transfer to LC isnt looking as good because of the recent signing of RB chambers...but you never know. With all do respect to this club, obviously most iranians would prefer Kaebi in Wigan, not only because of the added exposure, but because he will meet ronaldo twice a year. In the world cup he absolutley manhandled him, so it would be very interesting to watch.

uhh...that is really wierd cause i live in atlanta where he died....did i mention that in one of my posts or something? Strange haha

But the transfer to LC isnt looking as good because of the recent signing of RB chambers...but you never know. With all do respect to this club, obviously most iranians would prefer Kaebi in Wigan, not only because of the added exposure, but because he will meet ronaldo twice a year. In the world cup he absolutley manhandled him, so it would be very interesting to watch.

Is Kaebi as good at right wing though? We desperately need someone there. Chambers might play left back as well.

I really hope we get Kaebi.

All our signings seem to be announced early, so I keep checking the OS on my phone at lunch when I'm at work! I'm off til Friday now though, so we won't sign anyone til then. I'm always on my computer, yet somehow I've been unable to get to it for all 7 of our signings so far!

Last edited:
Is Kaebi as good at right wing though?

!

yes. And he will gain a lot of experience in the asian cup at that position because our retarded coach is talking about moving mahdavikia to RB and moving him up to right wing. It kind of makes sense; mahdavikia can play RB, but he is the all time assist leader in the bundesliga and it really doesnt make sense to just change something that we have been doing for 5 years 1 week before the asian cup. But it will benefit LCFC.

btw someone earlier said that mahdavikia sucks and then talked about how great ali daei was and how he scored against the U.S in the world cup...i thought that was really funny and ironic because mahdavikia has actually scored against the U.S. both times we have played them and daei hasnt:D

Last edited:
a source close to Kabi said "Hossein has received an offer from Leicester City. However, he prefers to play in the Premiership, and Wigan Athletic are expected to make a move for him in the next few days".

It appears that the offer from Leicester City has been on the table for several days now, but Kabi is not too keen to play in the Championship. Wigan has shown interest in Kabi in the past, and Kabi is expecting them to re-new their interest in the Iranian international in the coming week. It is yet to be decided whether Kabi would want to play in the Championship, if he doesn't receive any other offers from Premiership clubs.

Kabi joined Perspolis half through the last season, and completed a successful season with the Reds, helping them to a strong finish. However, He can now leave Perspolis on a free transfer, as his contract ended two weeks ago.

The 21 year old can play on the right side of defence or midfield. He has won 54 caps for Iran.

as you can see from this article...and i have met him so i can also tell you...he reallllly thinks hes the shit:D Dont get me wrong he is very very good, but he knows it too. I believe he declined an offer from the wolves when they were in the premier league...

side note: There were rumors after the world cup that arsenal were after him:D

sorry before the world cup. From last year:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/risingstars/story/0,,1792245,00.html

Hossein Kaebi

Find out more about the hard-tackling Iranian right-back, who's one of the fastest footballers on the planet. For other players to keep an eye on in Germany, click here

Carrie Dunn
Thursday June 8, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

Position?
Right-back. This is a tiny fleet-of-foot teenage starlet taking his place in Iran's back four alongside more, ahem, seasoned professionals such as 34-year-old Yahva Golmohammadi, 30-year-old Rahman Razaei and Ali Badavi, a relative spring chicken at the age of 24.

Fleet of foot? Just how quick is he?
He recently boasted: "I think I can do it in under 10 seconds!"

And that's a boast?
It is when he's referring to the 100-metre dash. The Fifa website describes him as "one of the planet's fastest footballers". What on earth were you thinking of?

Never mind. Anyway, who does he play for?
He's been a regular in the Foolad side since his transfer from Esteghlal Javan's youth team, and won his first international cap at the tender age of 17, having already progressed through the Under-23 squad. Now, at the grand old age of 19, his battling, tough-tackling playing style has been likened to Roberto Carlos's, and he is rated very highly by Iran coach Branko Ivankovic, who admits that Kaebi is one of his favourites. He's a favourite with supporters too, who admire his energy and commitment.
Wow. Someone that good must have been linked with a move to one of Europe's leading clubs for a ridiculous amount of money. Well, almost. In 2003 he had a three-week trial with Wolves.

I see. It didn't work out, then?
Apparently not. He's not too downbeat about it though, and reckons he'll keep his head down and keep working towards a lucrative transfer. At the start of April he was linked with Arsenal, a switch which would fulfil his lifelong ambition, but he's keeping calm about it. "It would be nice to have a chance to play with a top European club. That way I will quickly improve my skills, mentality and experience as well, but I know I am still young and I need to continue to work hard for that dream to come true."

Bless. Sounds like a nice lad.
His temperament is a bit suspect. According to the Iran fans' messageboard, "his fierce and temperamental attitude could spell a big doubt on his undoubted ability to excel on the highest level".

Oh dear. Do the supporters say anything else critical about him?
"He is very slight and often falls over." A bit of a problem for a right-back. If he was a striker, he could get away with being airy-fairy and spending half the match on the floor.

Like Emile Heskey?
That's harsh.

Or Andy "call me Andrew" Johnson?
Enough.

lol pretty funny article

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696