House Renting

Status
Not open for further replies.
beighton155 said:
Serious....Try Martin and Co. They were very good to me and my wench, we rented of Anstey Lane. No problems.

I would always advise going through an agent rather than direct with a landlord, they provide a muc needed level or security, both financial, and also as landlords have to make sure the gas/elec etc is upto spec.
best bit of advice you have had PDS, a friend is having real problems after renting a flat direct from a landlord and cracks have now started to appear all over the place. The landlord is refusing to sort it out whereas an agent could step in and sort it out in the best interests of both parties. I have never rented myself but Im sure jeff could tell you more about it.

fcukcov said:
I have never rented myself but Im sure jeff could tell you more about it.
Why?, is pds's signature a fact then?

Melton Fox said:
Why?, is pds's signature a fact then?
i wouldnt know if it was fact maybe you should ask jeffs altaego, webbo.:102:

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
i wouldnt know if it was fact maybe you should ask jeffs altaego, webbo.:102:
He's gone now. Jeff is off the spinach and in a much better place

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
He's gone now. Jeff is off the spinach and in a much better place
no he not.......hes in hinckley.

my signature was a googlism :icon_wink .
Advice much appreciated.

Brauny Blue said:
For something different have you ever considered a barge at a marina.:102: Very cosy;)
are you offering to rent one with him bb or just suggesting it as an option?:102:

Brauny Blue said:
For something different have you ever considered a barge at a marina.:102: Very cosy;)

A guy I work with does that.... he smells really musty all of the time :icon_roll :icon_conf

I would try to help PDS but i'm gettng nowhere looking for myself!

i would agree with the agency idea. but other than that i'm useless.

I would disagree on the agency thing from my experience. I rented a place out via an agent for a year who just palmed everything back on to me. In my experience you are just paying over the odds for them to be a go between.

maybe it was a bad agency? i have no experience myself but i get the idea that the little extra you pay gives you peace of mind and a bit of security.

Nathan said:
maybe it was a bad agency? i have no experience myself but i get the idea that the little extra you pay gives you peace of mind and a bit of security.

Im not quite sure what peace of mind or security it gives, you will have a tenancy agreement with either party. Its this that defines the terms of your lease.

A tenancy agreement does define it, but say the other party breaks the agreement. It is a lot of stress and agro, and you are alot more likely to get something back from a company trying to protect it's reputation than a guy renting his old house.

If I buy something from eBay and it goes wrong, I might get my money back if it's a good seller, but I also might now. If I buy the same item from a shop I may pay a little more but I have the piece of mind on knowing that should it go wrong it will be replaced relatively swiftly.

beighton155 said:
A tenancy agreement does define it, but say the other party breaks the agreement. It is a lot of stress and agro, and you are alot more likely to get something back from a company trying to protect it's reputation than a guy renting his old house.

If I buy something from eBay and it goes wrong, I might get my money back if it's a good seller, but I also might now. If I buy the same item from a shop I may pay a little more but I have the piece of mind on knowing that should it go wrong it will be replaced relatively swiftly.

I see where you are coming from mate but trust me the letting agent will pay for nothing out of their own pocket.

Cate Fox said:
A guy I work with does that.... he smells really musty all of the time :icon_roll :icon_conf

Must be used to it Cate you knock about with Durham

highland fox said:
Must be used to it Cate you knock about with Durham

Thats strange because Duzzer was telling me that he was struggling to get used to Cate and her Musty smell :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669