How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Chris Moyles show (I know!) they had two of the presenters doing GCSE test, one did Biology and got 18 out of 45 which was a B, the other did geography and got 57% which was an A. I thought I had miss heard but they then said it again

How can getting just over half of the questions right be an A?

On Chris Moyles show (I know!) they had two of the presenters doing GCSE test, one did Biology and got 18 out of 45 which was a B, the other did geography and got 57% which was an A. I thought I had miss heard but they then said it again

How can getting just over half of the questions right be an A?

Because it is all about the results and not about educating kids?

they also base a certain percentage of the grade on your coursework over the two years, this is to benefit the kids that cannot handle exam conditions... hmmm

they also base a certain percentage of the grade on your coursework over the two years, this is to benefit the kids that cannot handle exam conditions... hmmm

Surely thats what exams are all about:102: They find out who can and who cant.

Going back a few years:icon_roll my exam results were mixed. That was no fluke, i regretfully didnt put enough effort in. My best friend at the time was much more dedicated, he ended up with better results, better job, and a higher standard of living.
We both got what we deserved for the amount of effort we put in.

Going back a few years:icon_roll my exam results were mixed. That was no fluke, i regretfully didnt put enough effort in. My best friend at the time was much more dedicated, he ended up with better results, better job, and a higher standard of living.

Exactly. I took GCSE's and was advised I had achieved a grade C in Maths with just my coursework, I hadnt sat the exam at that point and that was the highest grade I could achieve in the set I was placed in. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Nanny state in overdrive again.

Last edited:

Because of course exams and the ability to sit them are very important in later life. I think I have sat two exams since I left Uni, but have written loads of reports.

Teachers are now under so much pressure to get the exams that they teach to them, rather than the broader curriculum, which is why the grades are continuously rising. At one of my fiance's old schools one of the teachers had her A Level class into her office and prepped them on what they needed to say and do in their practical exam to achieve the highest marks, and allowed them to have several drafts of their coursework marked by her, rather than just being allowed to submit one version. It's definately not right, but whilst grades are deemed the most important thing it will continue in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669