How's the squad shaping up?

Squad has been announced.

Key points are:

- Smithies left out of 25
- Spencer-Adams and Flynn have gone
- All 25 spaces taken up including 4 keepers.
Flynn gets a mention in the mercury’s list of players

So integral that he’ll be on the bench when Coady is fit.

I don’t know who Spencer Adams and Flynn are. Any good? I presume they are youth prospects.

Great news. I think that was filmed a few weeks ago too.

I honestly think that these two could be key first team players before the end of the season.

They're at a totally different level to the likes of McAteer and Marcal.

Great news. I think that was filmed a few weeks ago too.

I honestly think that these two could be key first team players before the end of the season.

They're at a totally different level to the likes of McAteer and Marcal.

Will Alves is an attacking mid, right? If so, I definitely think he'll get an opportunity - we are still light in that area.

Whereas I think Braybrooke is a deeper midfielder, more in the Winks mould? Might be harder for him to get game time unless he excels in training to show he can get ahead of Hamza, Wilf potentially others in that position - I think if fits, Winks will play almost every minute.

Will Alves is an attacking mid, right? If so, I definitely think he'll get an opportunity - we are still light in that area.

Whereas I think Braybrooke is a deeper midfielder, more in the Winks mould? Might be harder for him to get game time unless he excels in training to show he can get ahead of Hamza, Wilf potentially others in that position - I think if fits, Winks will play almost every minute.
So long as he does the business on the pitch, im happy with that.
Pissed off with players playing below par last season, but still getting picked!
Hopefully as the season goes on, Enzo regime will be different

When you think about it, we don’t really have an attacking mid player. We have square pegs, but not that Maddison type midfielder who can unlock things.

When you think about it, we don’t really have an attacking mid player. We have square pegs, but not that Maddison type midfielder who can unlock things.
may be not, but we are creating chances .

Move the ball that bit quicker, and we will create more.

Is Casadei that type of player? And I think the hope is that KDH can be that type of player in the Championship. But I guess also that the system is different, so we're also relying more on the wingers to unlock things.

I do worry about our creativity and goal threat though... we've started well but not exactly tearing teams apart. Hopefully it will come as the system and players gel.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563