How's the squad shaping up?

My guess:

Are the crossed out ones the ones you think will go?

If so, I agree.

Worried about the lack of transfer news around Praet and the two keepers. Think we might be stuck with them.

Vestergaard shouldn't be on this list, in terms of I don't think Enzo wants to get rid.

Wonder if Albrighton should now also be added to the list though based on the number of wingers we now have? He's behind Mavididi, the two new signings, and the two youngsters.

The goalkeeping situation is insane. We have six for three places with no noise about any departures. I wonder if we could move Iversen to OHL again, as long as he is first choice there this time?

Hermansen is clearly first choice with Stolarczyk as first sub. The third choice being Ward is madness. He's on PL wages to never play so we must be trying very hard to find him a home.

We might be done defensively. If nobody takes Souttar, we have enough options if Vestergaard is staying. I wonder whether we'd be better placed to send Nelson on loan than have him here though.

Midfield is still open for business. Soumare must be going and Ndidi just doesn't fit the formation. If they both go, we need one in - potentially McAtee I guess. We have one loan space left.

We're well served now for wingers and I don't see a place for Albrighton. He went on loan last season because he wanted to play. Well, he's not going to get much time on the pitch here now is he? I don't see a market for him though because of how awful he did at Albion.

Then it's about Iheanacho. Will he stay or will he go? I don't see Vardy or Daka going now.

Ideal deadline day would be seeing Ward, Iversen, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Soumare leave and McAtee join.

The goalkeeping situation is insane. We have six for three places with no noise about any departures. I wonder if we could move Iversen to OHL again, as long as he is first choice there this time?

Hermansen is clearly first choice with Stolarczyk as first sub. The third choice being Ward is madness. He's on PL wages to never play so we must be trying very hard to find him a home.

We might be done defensively. If nobody takes Souttar, we have enough options if Vestergaard is staying. I wonder whether we'd be better placed to send Nelson on loan than have him here though.

Midfield is still open for business. Soumare must be going and Ndidi just doesn't fit the formation. If they both go, we need one in - potentially McAtee I guess. We have one loan space left.

We're well served now for wingers and I don't see a place for Albrighton. He went on loan last season because he wanted to play. Well, he's not going to get much time on the pitch here now is he? I don't see a market for him though because of how awful he did at Albion.

Then it's about Iheanacho. Will he stay or will he go? I don't see Vardy or Daka going now.

Ideal deadline day would be seeing Ward, Iversen, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Soumare leave and McAtee join.
Just Ward going would be cause for celebration.

So if you look at the current squad and positions they plan within Enzo's system, this is what I think we've got for each position...

GK: Hermansen (Stolarcyzk, Iversen, Ward)

Inverted RB: Ricardo (Albrighton)
CB: Faes (Vestergaard)
CB: Coady (Souttar, Nelson)
LB/LCB: Doyle (Justin)

Deep midfielder: Winks (Hamza, Soumare)
Attacking mid: KDH (Praet)
Attacking mid: Casadei (Ndidi)

RW: Akgun (Fatawu, Mcateer)
LW: Mavididi (Marcal)

ST: Nacho (Vardy, Daka)

I've not listed the many other keepers we have, or young players who haven't really sniffed at the first team yet.

Players in italics are players that you'd expect to leave today (maybe not Nelson, but he's not played at all so not sure can be seen as viable backup yet).

We are incredibly light at centre back and the 3 central midfield positions... If we move on the players that we'd expect to leave today, it realistically leaves Hamza as our only backup midfielder! And I think he's actually seen as the first choice cover more for Ricardo's role, but I was trying to only list each player once.

I know some players can also play multiple positions and can move around if needed (e.g. if one of the centre backs is out, you'd expect Doyle to move in and JJ take the left back spot), but think we really need an extra midfielder or two desperately, an extra striker and ideally an extra defender.

For the first time for as long as I can remember though, at least we're well stocked on the wings!

The crucial consideration is which player will go down injured tomorrow and totally scupper everything?

I think we're fine at the back and going forward.

For me, we're fecked without Ricardo and Winks in this system. Ndidi and Choudhury cannot do it.

The crucial consideration is which player will go down injured tomorrow and totally scupper everything?

I think we're fine at the back and going forward.

For me, we're fecked without Ricardo and Winks in this system. Ndidi and Choudhury cannot do it.

They're the key ones for me too. I think we have no adequate cover for Winks at all. We'd miss Ricardo a lot which is a concern with his injury record.

They're the key ones for me too. I think we have no adequate cover for Winks at all. We'd miss Ricardo a lot which is a concern with his injury record.

Apparently, Casadei can play a deeper midfield role but never seen him there so who knows.

I don’t think we need anyone, apart from replacing any potential outgoings.

Whilst all the wheelings and dealings are going on, I think you have to just stand back and take a look at the job that is actually going on, on the pitch.
Compare our starting 11 on Saturday to the starting 11 for our last game of the season .
All this with a new , untried, manager, Albeing equal, it really does bode well for the future .

EM just confirmed that Praet will be out for 10-12 weeks due to a back injury.
That will be all the twisting and turning he does to make sure he is always passing and moving towards his own goal.

EM just confirmed that Praet will be out for 10-12 weeks due to a back injury.

Ah shit, that's the useless lump staying with us for a while longer then.

Annoying as he's probably one of the higher earners left that we don't have a need for. And we will need to sign a replacement if he's out for that long, same as we would've if he'd left (if Soumare and Ndidi still go today)

Ah shit, that's the useless lump staying with us for a while longer then.

Annoying as he's probably one of the higher earners left that we don't have a need for. And we will need to sign a replacement if he's out for that long, same as we would've if he'd left (if Soumare and Ndidi still go today)
We already have a replacement, it’s called a goal post.

Annoying as he's probably one of the higher earners left that we don't have a need for.
genuine question, what kind of insurance do football clubs have for injuries and covering any wages? Any one able to give any kind of inside information (not WOTS) on that one?

Erm, excuse me Mr. Rudkin but we appear to still have a lot of players we don't want/need any more. I'm sure you have it in hand but I just thought I'd check?

Erm, excuse me Mr. Rudkin but we appear to still have a lot of players we don't want/need any more. I'm sure you have it in hand but I just thought I'd check?

Yeah, for what we expected to be a very busy day... **** all has happened.

Often the way on deadline day though that it all happens late! Especially when you're trying to sell duffers that clubs only really want if other targets fall through.

It's baffling every year that clubs 2-3 months to do deals, yet so many leave it to the final couple of hours...

Still, I'm sure Mr Rudkin will be working overtime tonight... Knowing our Rudkin, he'll even be working on deals past the 11pm deadline, bless his hard-working soul!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563