Hows things goin with Harry Potter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngscot

Levein should be starting to find hs feet and you should be starting to see his affect on the team. Hows things going? impressed? indifferent? As a jambo, we know a fair amount about levein- he was an outstanding international defender (nearly signed for Man U but injury scuppered that one) and Hearts were fantastic defensively under his regime. He liked to play solid midlfielders in the middle with attacks coming down the wings for the strikers. Is that what hes doing with you?
Any feedback gratefully received, we wish him all the best for doing a fantastic job with us
Good luck lads ;)

youngscot said:
Levein should be starting to find hs feet and you should be starting to see his affect on the team. Hows things going? impressed? indifferent? As a jambo, we know a fair amount about levein- he was an outstanding international defender (nearly signed for Man U but injury scuppered that one) and Hearts were fantastic defensively under his regime. He liked to play solid midlfielders in the middle with attacks coming down the wings for the strikers. Is that what hes doing with you?
Any feedback gratefully received, we wish him all the best for doing a fantastic job with us
Good luck lads ;)

The man's a gem. He's like a nugget of gold from the mine on Ben Lui or the finest malt from the waters of Ben Nevis. A toast to ye. For Levein, for the heroes of the Black Watch and the wonderful memories of our recent holiday around Glencoe with Highland Heritage.

quality. my fave thing about levein was how he takes no nonsense from anyone. he took the scottish league to court after he was banned from touchline and won. shortly after taking over at hearts he cancelled the players' holidays as they were "cheating the club"
a man of honour and integrity, i just hope he gets the finances we couldnt give him

At the beginning of October, for the first time in years and years i found myself getting bored going to watch Leicester.....before the game you new what the out come would be and you new the same tactical balls ups would be made, players couldn't be aresed and the fans were getting so frustrated. In steps Craig Levein....what a difference, what a transformation with the same players, the players look hungry again, no more than Gillespie who looks like he's had 10,000 volts shoved up his arse!! I now it's early days but i get a good feeling like the golden O'Neill days, It will be interesting to see what singings he makes, cos he has totally transformed the players that looked down and out in October (well everyone except Connelly who needs to find his scoring boots)
Now in December and i can't wait for the next game....my faith has been restored!!!! Craig Levein's blue and white army!!!!

He does seem to have that managerial x factor, reminds me a lot of MON and Sir Alex, he is intelligent, very good when being interviewed but also seems to have the ability to command respect and maybe instill a little fear into the dressing room.

In the games I have seen since CL has taken over, we seem to have reignighted the old Leicester team spirit, there seems a real togetherness within the squad, and players who appeared to be frozen out by the previous manager have come back into the squad and it appears everyone is singing to the same hymn sheet.

What will be interesting, is when CL starts to wheel and deal, who stays, who goes and most importantly who he brings in, CL has done a great job so far in uniting another manager's players and getting them to buy into his principles and beliefs, imagine what he will be able to do when he brings in his own players who already fit into this ideaology.

IMO Craig Levein can become a legend, but not by taking us up this season abd then pissing off, but by delivering the long term goals he set out on the day he was unveiled as City's new manager. If he stays for any considerable length of time 4 - 5 years minimum, I can see him exceeding those initial ambitions and maybe becoming one of the most successful managers in our Club's history.

im not saying levein has done a bad job but were still not playing good football-that first half against plymouth was the worst i've seen this season-at least we got the win which is all that counts but on the performance side im yet to see a huge improvement-one step at a time i guess

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I can see him exceeding those initial ambitions and maybe becoming one of the most successful managers in our Club's history.

You're all being way over the top.

He has done a good job so far, but bloody hell he has only been here a month!

drummindefender said:
im not saying levein has done a bad job but were still not playing good football-that first half against plymouth was the worst i've seen this season

That was the worst you've seen this season? Lucky you.

Leigh said:
drummindefender said:
im not saying levein has done a bad job but were still not playing good football-that first half against plymouth was the worst i've seen this season

That was the worst you've seen this season? Lucky you.
i've only been to home games this season as i have a season tick, but out of all of the games that by far the worse

Did you only start going to games from Plymouth then? werent you there against Brighton and Watford??

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I can see him exceeding those initial ambitions and maybe becoming one of the most successful managers in our Club's history.

You're all being way over the top.

He has done a good job so far, but bloody hell he has only been here a month!

Absolutely right. People are getting far to carried away. Its frightening to think what these fans would be saying if we were to lose the next four or five on the trot.

lazzer said:
the 1980's :roll:

These whippersnappers have no idea how bad it was in the 80's. :wink:

bertfox said:
Did you only start going to games from Plymouth then? werent you there against Brighton and Watford??
i have a season ticket if u read what i put, so yes i suffered that aswell but i still feel plymouth was worse, but i wasn't saying that the first half against plymouth was the worse performance ever just the worse performance this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669