Post Match Huddersfield 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody seen a Hull troll around recently? Seems like we have sent their season into free fall...

Edit - Talk of the devil and he shall appear

Last edited:
Remember chaps"it"s a marathon-not a sprint"-only saying

You weren't saying that 3 games ago...or should that be 9 goals ago... or should that be 6 places ago...

A little summary for those that care:

Kasper – 7.0 – Did nothing wrong, distributed reasonably well and looked quite commanding at times.
Liam – 7.0 – Again did nothing wrong, linked up reasonably well going forward and kept his man in check defensively. Occasionally too slow closing down width.
Wes – 7.5 – Looks to be forming a solid partnership with SSL. Very strong in the air and led the back line very well.
SSL – 7.5 - Looks to be forming a solid partnership with Wes. No nonsense.
Konch – 8.0 – Seems to be back to somewhere near his best. Solid defensively, invaluable going forward and provided the cross for the second goal.
Lloydy – 7.0 – Regardless of the criticism (most of which I disagree with), he consistently provides an attacking threat. His final ball, of course, could be better.
Kingy – 7.5 – Retains his goal threat, his tidy use of the ball and his ability to make late attacking runs, and seems to have added some steel to his defensive work as well. Expect him to keep James out of the team for a good while.
Danny – 7.5 – Incredibly industrious, does the ugly work and also links the defence to the attack. Just needs to cut out the two or three wayward passes per game and to stop shooting.
Knockers – 9.0 – Sublime performance, always wants the ball and provided two magnificent end results. Only criticisms are his “edge” (he’ll get booked a lot) and his occasional desire to play a “Hollywood” ball when it’s not necessary. But seriously, he was stunningly good.
Vardy – 7.5 Great work rate and desire, touch seems to have improved a lot, links up well, but did miss one sitter and one other presentable chance.
Nugent – 7.5 Complements Vardy really well. They look as though they like playing together, they work really hard and they look dangerous.
Schlupp and Waggers also played well.

One of many pleasing things about last night was that we appear to have retained the attacking intent from the first few away games, but added some defensive resilience to it. We really did just look much too good for Huddersfield. Also worth mentioning the fans that we took, who were much louder and much funnier than we have been for a while. All round, most enjoyable day of the season so far, and possibly last season too. Top stuff!

A mention for NP as to how well he has eased Knockaert into the team, young player, new country and all that. Good man-management one could say. Oh, hold on, that can't be right.................

A mention for NP as to how well he has eased Knockaert into the team, young player, new country and all that. Good man-management one could say. Oh, hold on, that can't be right.................

:038:

If Knocky's first was goal of the season, his second is goal of the century. You have to keep watching it to believe it!

Reading Teamtalk report on the match and they mention that City paid £2.6 million for Knocheart services, at that price he is an absolute steal.

He's simply delicious.

Fantastic win with 2 fantastic goals. Just need to maintain the 2 points per game average and jobs a good 'un.

Nice little match report too Muz.

I want to cuddle Homer. He knows this, he knows what I get like. I was like this when we beat Cheltenham 4-0 away too.

Does anyone else think that the first goal was a miss-hit pass and the second one was a stumble as he tripped over his feet?
Just a thought...... Only joking.

The first thing people said to me at work today was along the lines of "What fantastic goals" and "I had to keep watching the second one over and over again". This is from people who support Prem teams.

It's weird to watch a French bloke score his first Leicester league goal from 30 odd yards against a team from Yorkshire. I bet that's never happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566