Huddersfield Town 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness we are back to football. Earlier in the thread I thought we'd been taken over by the Food and Drink programme. I think it would be a mistake to drop Howard at the moment as any alternative striker (Campell or Dickov) would lack the height and power. However, I hope that we could get a big young striker on loan. Presumably "the other Steve Walsh" (the one who looks like Private Godfrey from Dads Army) is looking at players. I think that both Dickov and Fryatt need a big centreforward along side them.

Re: Huddersfield 2-3

Roger that!

Not been back long (Damn Pubs.)Agree with most posts on here tonight,Huddersfield were not a bad team and at times in the first half they not us looked to be the topof the league team.What confused me was the tannoy saying Huddersfield have 16000 season ticket holders,but todays attendance was the biggest of the season (18000.)Take out of that the 2500+ of us and you think someone cant add up,but walking back from the ground talking to one of their fansand he was telling me yes they do have 16000 season ticket holders but lots dont go.When asked why this was he said its because this year is their centenary and season tickets are only £125,so people have bought them and dont go to every game.What a gesture by the club,all others take note,giving the fans something back!

Isn't this a romantic photo

fryattdyer.jpg

On a side note, im not a fan of our away kit, much preferred it when we used to have a white one.

Not being abale to get to the match I wondered what their goals were like. It is not like Leicester these days to give up a two goal lead. As I can only get to home games I have not yet seen David Martin under real pressure. How did he do?
I am interested that NP has a different attitude to subs from most recent Leicester managers. We always seemed to use all three subs as a way of keeping the players on the bench sharp and involved. Last week NP did not use any subs. This time Gradel was brought on after they scored (how did he play?). Otherwise NP seems to like to use a sub in the last minute if we are leading; no doubt to waste a bit of time.

Great game of football yestersday.

I would be saying that had it finished 2-2. Lots of attacking play, two teams committed to winning and a good atmosphere.

After the heartache of last season it reminded me why I go.

Thought we played well and deserved the win overall. Thought Adams played really well and Dyer got into the game as it became more open.

Well done Leicester good to see us not giving up!

can anyone confirm that I was at the game yesterday, sure I was.....sat behind Jim, might be wrong. feckin hell my memory is a bit sketchy but I think we were a little lucky? :102:

Re: Huddersfield 2-3

When asked why this was he said its because this year is their centenary and season tickets are only £125,so people have bought them and dont go to every game.What a gesture by the club,all others take note,giving the fans something back!

Yeah this is true my boss on my new job has 3 such season tickets and he uses them for family friends and for business purposes and is going to claim them as a business expense! He even offered two of them to me as no-one was using them this weekend but I'd already got mine and anyway I wouldn't have fancied it yesterday in the home section as their fans were getting a bit carried away. Even the "fat" guy in the stand near to us was asking the police to take action against us for calling him so :icon_eek:

did anyone else think that the award winning stadium that we visited yesterday was actually just a big crock of shite?

did anyone else think that the award winning stadium that we visited yesterday was actually just a big crock of shite?

Well the toilet facilities certainly were. No where near enough I thought but I cant comment on the food as didnt have any. As for the view I thought it was okay as nothing in the way and could see well even from row Y

Last edited:
can anyone confirm that I was at the game yesterday, sure I was.....sat behind Jim, might be wrong. feckin hell my memory is a bit sketchy but I think we were a little lucky? :102:

Lucky, jammy, spunny. I thought it was an average game of football not helped by the wind - we had two goals down to poor goalkeeping and then a penalty. They scored a deflected effort and a real high up in the air. For about the first ten minutes in the second half, the ball stayed on one wing and never left that area.

I would say they were both Gilberts fault although the wind played a part too.

Same here. Gilbert lost his head and Powell didn't helped by just allowing crosses off his wing.

I suppose it was ok them getting plenty of decision going their way then? Like Howard getting absolutely feck all from the ref despite being shoved off, having his shirt tugged, being held etc etc.
And several of the offside decisions were utter rubbish, even the local commentary on Howard's goal were a bit bemused that it was disallowed.

It hit the defenders arm and went behind. so as far as I'm concerned it was a penalty. The only thing that the ref gave us was not sending Howard off when it looked like he could've done.

Huddersfield were imo the best we've played in terms of trying to playing football, but they were also a very dirty team as well. Lots of niggly fouls which weren't given.

The ref was a twat - in fact all of the officials were. And I have made my first enemy in League 1, stand up Liam Dickinson - a carthorse, dirty, diving Derby piece of shite.

Huddersfield fans = typical Yorkshiremen. Liked the atmosphere yesterday, football's a passionate game, you wouldn't have guess that was third tier football.

How long before the highlights are on World? I want to see the Dyer mis-hit goal. Is it anywhere else?

I was a few rows in front of Jim and I didn't see you. So that proves you weren't there :icon_wink

thank feck, would be a waste of time going to a match and remembering pretty much bugger all of the day......not sure where my money went now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669