Post Match Hull 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite obviously relegated then first game of the season :101:

Yes, we werent great; yes, our defence wasnt as solid as last season; it was never going to be the same. First game in the PL for Fernandez was always going to be a huge adjustment - he's going to take time (but whether he gets that chance I dont know). Vardy far from sharp and match fit, Musa a little wasteful but looked promising (in my eyes). Gray was good for 10-15 minutes and then lost it - he's not ready for PL starting place. Revert back to Albrighton next game, try Mendy and hopefully with Huth back in defence we will look a lot better.

Now running away as someone will have a meltdown at my post for trying to be positive.

of course, with the shambles Hull are off the field I actually feared we'd do this because Football...

Wes Morgan and Robert huth have been absolutely shite all pre season but everyone will put the blame on Hernandez instead of Morgan, Mahrez was a waste of a shirt and watching him you could see that Vardy had only played a game and a half in pre season. As much as I admire him Andy King in a 2 man CM pairing just doesn't work and Kasper ... just don't, totally useless with a high areal ball and that throw perfectly set up the winner well done...

If his name wasn't Schmeichel then far more Leicester fans would agree that he needs replacing.

oh well, the joys of football ...

Not quite but almost my worst nightmare. Next time I have a nightmare I might trust it enough to get my money out.
Very disappointed. Too many off the pace. Last years stand out players too complacent. 40 points still the target.

Quite obviously relegated then first game of the season :101:

Yes, we werent great; yes, our defence wasnt as solid as last season; it was never going to be the same. First game in the PL for Fernandez was always going to be a huge adjustment - he's going to take time (but whether he gets that chance I dont know). Vardy far from sharp and match fit, Musa a little wasteful but looked promising (in my eyes). Gray was good for 10-15 minutes and then lost it - he's not ready for PL. Revert back to Albrighton next game, try Mendy and hopefully with Huth back in defence we will look a lot better.

Now running away as someone will have a meltdown at my post for trying to be positive.

Agreed on all this. Hopefully Mendy gives us the defensive solidity than we need

Don't blame that garbage on not having Kante

It was a lazy, unfit, sloppy load of old bollocks

King starting the match was just stupid. He offers the square root of feck all
The back four were all over the place
Simpson looks a different player
Gray simply not good enough
Vardy an absolute country mile away from fitness

But that half-arsed, coasting along, pathetic excuse of a 'performance' from Mahrez was a genuine sight to behold. Beyond awful in every way

Absolute shambles of a performance

We missed Huth. Morgan - Hernandez looked really shaky from the start and it never improved. We simply do not have an adequate replacement for a player of Huths quality. Hernandez on this performance has a lot to learn for fizz sake don't let Moore go, he got to be as good if not better than the Spaniard.

We missed Huth. Morgan - Hernandez looked really shaky from the start and it never improved. We simply do not have an adequate replacement for a player of Huths quality. Hernandez on this performance has a lot to learn for fizz sake don't let Moore go, he got to be as good if not better than the Spaniard.
Huth and Morgan have been utter shite in pre season

Time will show how desperately poor Dull are & thats the most worrying thing.They didn't do much today & didn't need to.That has to be the poorest opening performance by defending champions in the history of the Prem.

I just hope it works as an enormous wake-up call rather than initiating self doubt.Worst performance in 18 months & we desperately need some defenders bringing in.Huth will be relieved he missed it.

CB & RB as a matter if extreme urgency please & an out & out defensive ball winning midfielder too.

Over to you Claudio.

Zero effort and a little lazy at times. First game but I expected to see some of that never give up attitude from last season. Defensively horrible and a midfield that was lost.

I won't panic, it's game 1 not 21 but, I can't be blamed for sheer and utter disappointment from what we just played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought Amartey did okay when he came on. Better than King.

Let's hope Mendy can tackle, otherwise we'll have to switch to 4-3-3 at some point.

Musa looked good

People getting on Mahrez back can **** off. No different to last year, it just didn't work for him today.

I'm just pissed off at losing the first game. Spurs fans and others already quick out the woodwork

Shocking performance, lacked intensity, we looked a shadow of last season, the back 4 were all over the place, midfield lacked creativity and energy, whilst Vardy looked the player of 4 years ago, Mahrez looked disinterested, if he doesn't want to be here then it's time to cash in and buy much needed quality in midfield and a dominant centre half.

Really thought we would kick on after that equaliser early in the 2nd half but then gifted them a goal and the initiative again. Credit Hull who were magnificent given their current situation, I ain't going to press panic button but very disappointed in our performance and attitude, really hope this is a massive wake up call for everybody at the club.

One hindsight thought:

The entire spine of the side was unsettled. Hernandez replacing Huth, King for Kante and Musa for Shinji. In addition removing the stability that Albrighton provides. Perhaps a little too much change, though some of it obviously required.

Claudio probably thought he could get away with it against Hull...we obviously didn't.

I thought we'd have been better with Was in the defence tbh.
More passion was needed and he's got it. Too many players were living on last season's reputation than living up to it.
Fuchs just typified what I've said, he almost got himself off too.

Chilwell had a good game in the League Cup against Hull last season and I think he would have been more hungry for the game, like most of the players were last season. That hunger and passion seems to have disappeared to be replaced by uncertainty and being too nonchalant.

don't let Moore go, he got to be as good if not better than the Spaniard.

Christ! We were dire today but if Liam Moore is the answer then we are truly ****ed.

As was pointed out in an earlier post, it is all too easy to blame Hernandez. He wasn't very good today but he was so much better than the other four (Kasper included) at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566