Hull Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Really pushing my luck now, if we beat Luton though you'll understand why this thread has been started so soon. Expect to beat these especially with the Peter Taylor ingredient - a tight game but LCFC to end up 2-1 winners and go 3rd in the league. Fingers crossed!

whos goin hull then?

on this subject never been before. Can someone help with a pub and parking if anyone knows.

fcukcov said:
on this subject never been before. Can someone help with a pub and parking if anyone knows.

Duncan Adams' book recommends the Sandringham for drinking in ther city centre. All pubs around the ground are designated for home fans only, espacially the Sliver Cod for some reason:icon_eek: :102: :027:

Parking is tricky - most fans park in the city centre and walk the 3/4 mile oir use the park and ride which is signposted.

Quality book - you should buy it!! or use his website - www.footballgroundguide.co.uk

I am going with a mate, and getting a lift back with another mate who is a Hull fan here is the most practical part of his email:

Drive to Hull via M1, then M62 - I heard there were roadworks on the A63 (at the end of the M62), so check route first and allow plenty of time (3pm kick off).

Travel into town following signs for Anlaby/Hessle - do not follow signs for the KC stadium!!

I would suggest parking in the main car park in front of the old Boothferry Park ground (you should be able to see the six floodlight pylons from the outskirts of town. Cross the road to a pub called The Three Tuns - it shouldn't be too busy, but serves a good pint, food, and allows away supporters. We can move further down if you like, but a good point to start at.

The KC is about 10-15 mins walk from here.

Do Not go into the Silver Cod - they will kill you!!!

If you get lost call me - but the ground is well signposted and is on the right side of town for us. If all else fails, head for the Hospital (Anlaby Royal Infirmary) as it's just next door.

I will be travelling up the M11, then A14, then A1 - coming off at Newark, towards Lincoln, then up to Hull from there, over the Humber Bridge - it's expensive (£2.50 each way), but from East London I can get to Hull in about 3hrs 15mins.

If last nights result is anything to go by - 4-0 to Leicester!!!

Hope he gets the score right.

Thanks lads. Im really looking forward to it. apart from all the driving!! The footbalgroundguides is duely saved as a favourite. thank you very much.

Beaumont fox has a quote on the lcfc bit of the football ground guides. Directing people using the Mecca bingo as a landmark?!
Also a bit worrying that the floodlights at the old stadium are a landmark in Hull?!

here is a few snippets i found about Hull in my book Rivals.

Hull isn't a boy racers paradise with 114 seperate 20mph zones, it has more speed humps per head of population than any other British city.

Celebrity fans include Roy North the bloke who sticks his hand up Basil Brush's arse.Also Tom Courtney actor in Dr Zhivago(give me Roy Cropper any day)

Hull City is hopeless for doodlers, as it is the only example of an English team's name whithout cavitites- I.e there are no letters to neatly colour in.(so up yours Peter Taylor)

They are ranked 41st out of the 92 league clubs with regards arrest rate compared to the clubs average attendance (we are ranked 33rd)

just a few put downs for all you going to the match to wind the home fans up with. thank me when you get back.

pds said:
here is a few snippets i found about Hull in my book Rivals.

Hull isn't a boy racers paradise with 114 seperate 20mph zones, it has more speed humps per head of population than any other British city.

Celebrity fans include Roy North the bloke who sticks his hand up Basil Brush's arse.Also Tom Courtney actor in Dr Zhivago(give me Roy Cropper any day)

Hull City is hopeless for doodlers, as it is the only example of an English team's name whithout cavitites- I.e there are no letters to neatly colour in.(so up yours Peter Taylor)

They are ranked 41st out of the 92 league clubs with regards arrest rate compared to the clubs average attendance (we are ranked 33rd)

just a few put downs for all you going to the match to wind the home fans up with. thank me when you get back.

We will be sure to :icon_lol:

"At the conclusion of the match at the KC Stadium, Leicester fans will be INVITED to undertake a short, voluntary hold back. This procedure will give Hull's stewards and police time to disperse the majority of home supporters and allow foxes fans to vacate the stadium in greater comfort." From the OS.

So, do we not have to stay behind if we don't want to?

im am sooooooo with you on this muzz :038: should things go wrong i just might have to emigrate, the amount of stick i will get.......

4 of us going. head steward at the walkers told me leicester has the highest number of arrests at away matches out of any other clubs. that was last season.

Last edited:
look at the name of their stand

Home Fans:
De Vries West Stand (Lower Tier): Adults £23 (£23), Concessions £14 (£14)
De Vries West Stand (Upper Tier): Adults £22 (£21), Concessions £14 (£13)
De Vries West Stand Family Section: Adults £18 (£17) OAP's £14 (£13) Juniors £10 (£9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669