Hull post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colchester 1-0

He was at WBA for years and didn't do that.

Complete different subject..
Do you think IH is beyond blame at the moment before our predicament.Again I'm just genuiely interested:102:

Do you think IH is beyond blame at the moment before our predicament.Again I'm just genuiely interested:102:

For what it's worth, I think that Megson would have taken a couple of points more from the games so far in IH's reign, but I am sure that in the medium and long term, Holloway will take this club by the scruff of the neck and make us successful again.
Everyone keeps mentioning the fact that O'Neill was unpopular after a dozen games or so, I am sure that as he went on to be a legend here, Ollie will do likewise.

I think he could have done better, but I think he's treated some of the games as though they're pre-season games, playing as many different players as he can to work out the best combination, once we get a settled team and formation I think we'll improve.

I think he could have done better, but I think he's treated some of the games as though they're pre-season games, playing as many different players as he can to work out the best combination, once we get a settled team and formation I think we'll improve.

We can hardly get any worse but I get your point

Like a Yokel giving directions to the town, I wouldn't start from here.

But we are starting from here.

We are on our sixth Management team of the season. Changing manager again, this side of next summer at least, would mean that no manager worth having would come here. Megson love him or loathe him (count me as a loather) is history and left of his own accord. I hope the twat bombs out at Bolton. Holloway is the future of management for the next six months at least.

Mandaric will remain the owner for a few years. I have always been suspicious of eccentric millionaires buying football clubs. They may put in money but always want to mess with the team, particularly when it is not doing well. There weren't a lot of other takers. MM is the future for the next few years.

Most of our players are good enough for this league, there have been a number of good performances as well as many poor ones. Most of the players that fans on here moan about are unsellable. Who is going to buy De Vries, Cort, Hammond or Douglas? The kids have potential but need some leadership.

So we will have the same owner, same manager and substantially the same team until the summer. So how do we avoid relegation? Well maybe this is the year that our luck runs out, but its only halfway through. A few weeks ago Norwich were stuffed, now they look likely to be safely above us. What a difference a few wins make.

We have a good loan Goalkeeper, a sound, if not great defence, a lousy midfield and strikers without scoring opportunities.

For a relegation fight we need experience rather than kids. Clearly we need better on field leadership. I thought it wrong to make Clemence Captain immediately on signing. A Captain needs to have some senority in the team not just in age. I would make paddy K captain again, or Gareth MacCauley.

Stearman should play in the reserves for a while until his head shrinks, and he sobers up to the fact that he is not as good as he thinks he is. Both Darren Kenton and Alan Maybury are better as RB, and more fit for a battle, though both are patchy performers at best. A better RB is a priority.

Alan Sheehan is a bit lightweight but the first decent deliverer of the ball since Muzzy left, he needs to be on the pitch but with somene more physical in front to protect him. We should sign a couple of experienced Central Midfielders fit for a battle, even if they are getting towards the end of their careers, and a couple of decent wingers.

I would rather buy in or loan in three midfielders and right back than have a wholesale clear out of all sectors of the team. The time for that is in the summer. A lot of changes in January would depress morale further and make for another non-gelling team.

The best team of recent years was the promotion side of the administration year. Administration meant no movement in. There were some in that squad no better than our current squad (Impey, Rogers, Benjamin, Lewis), but they played as a team, because they knew that the cavalry would not be coming. The rot started with the wholesale changes to that team on promotion, Curtis, Dabidzas, that Geordie Defender whose name I have wiped from my memory.

Our current squad players are capable of keeping us up given a decent midfield to both protect the wings better and give some service to the strikers, who are capable of scoring if given the chance and some decent tactics.

Defeatism on the part of team and fans will not help. Holloway is right on the button there, and I support him.

I know!

But it is here that we have been found out in recent matches. I like NGotty, but he is not a right back. Perhaps Kenton or maybury are best bets (!!!!)

3-5-2 worked with him, but not Holloways style. and very wearing on the wingbacks who tend to fade towards the end.

what a load of bollux, McCaully or whatever his fecking name is needs shooting, and WTF was that tit Stearman playing at when he came on.....complete waste of time

Fox - brilliant post, i agree with most of that.

We cannot afford yet another set of huge changes, and in any case since most of our 'fringe' players are so shite no one will buy them the squad will just get bigger and bigger.

I think that Holloway is trying to find a rough best 11, which he can then at least work with, but by giving everyone an opportunity its destroying any semblance of stability he may have brought in.

As much as i don't really fancy being bottom by christmas/new year, it really doesn't matter where we are in January. The most important thing is to get two or three players in, settle on an 11 that will play most games when available, and work with that.

There may end up being lots of players who never get a game, but that is going to happen unless by some miracle we sell about 20 players in the transfer window.

Another thing is that we must not fall into the trap of breaking the bank wage wise for any players, we need players who at least want to be here, especially if - as looks likely - we have a long relegation scrap ahead of us.

Got back home 1/2 hour ago and still fuming about watching yet another utter passionless performance from those feckwits today.

They showed more effort when they came to applaud the away fans than they did the entire 90 minutes. and some folk clapped them back! I bloody well didn't! I am not to going to clap so-called players who are for the most part headless chickens, and the rest useless and clueless!

McAuley was the worst player on the pitch by a mile, he was utter cack today. Saying that, the rest of them weren't much better!

There was absolutely no inventiveness anywhere, it was a waste of time have two, then four strikers on the pitch because there was nothing given to them to work with, which is, and has been the problem for a long time.
The defence gets put under far too much pressure because there is nothing in front of them to absorb any of the attacks from the opposition.

Clemence right now is a waste of space, the type of player he is, he cannot play to his strengths because he doesn't have midfielders alongside him who give him the time and space to do his job.

I honestly and seriously believe that right now, we are staring down the relegation chute with only a thin peice of string keeping us from sliding down it. The performances this season have been, for most of it, pretty awful, with only a couple of bright spots to lighten up a thoroughly depressing 2007.

Unless someone gets those players by the scruffs of their necks and gets them believing in themselves again I really don't know where the next win is coming from, or even the next point.

It's not fun being a Leicester fan at the mo......

Got back home 1/2 hour ago and still fuming about watching yet another utter passionless performance from those feckwits today.

They showed more effort when they came to applaud the away fans than they did the entire 90 minutes. and some folk clapped them back! I bloody well didn't! I am not to going to clap so-called players who are for the most part headless chickens, and the rest useless and clueless!

McAuley was the worst player on the pitch by a mile, he was utter cack today. Saying that, the rest of them weren't much better!

There was absolutely no inventiveness anywhere, it was a waste of time have two, then four strikers on the pitch because there was nothing given to them to work with, which is, and has been the problem for a long time.
The defence gets put under far too much pressure because there is nothing in front of them to absorb any of the attacks from the opposition.

Clemence right now is a waste of space, the type of player he is, he cannot play to his strengths because he doesn't have midfielders alongside him who give him the time and space to do his job.

I honestly and seriously believe that right now, we are staring down the relegation chute with only a thin peice of string keeping us from sliding down it. The performances this season have been, for most of it, pretty awful, with only a couple of bright spots to lighten up a thoroughly depressing 2007.

Unless someone gets those players by the scruffs of their necks and gets them believing in themselves again I really don't know where the next win is coming from, or even the next point.

It's not fun being a Leicester fan at the mo......

Look on the bright side BF, you could save yourself some money. They dont deserve your loyalty:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669