Huth Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under their laws 3 match bans are given for violent conduct, which makes the decision correct as they have to to treat them individually. There is no other option here.

Not so. There are facilities available where in exceptional cases the standard punishment will not apply. This can be when the standard punishment is either 'clearly excessive' or 'clearly insufficient'.

I can recall at least one occasion when a City player lost his appeal against a sending-off but was not banned because the standard punishment of a 3-game ban was judged to be clearly excessive.

Not so. There are facilities available where in exceptional cases the standard punishment will not apply. This can be when the standard punishment is either 'clearly excessive' or 'clearly insufficient'.

I can recall at least one occasion when a City player lost his appeal against a sending-off but was not banned because the standard punishment of a 3-game ban was judged to be clearly excessive.
I thought that was only in the case where the player was sent off and appealed? If not I stand corrected.

Edit: in the case of the excessive punishment.

Huth plays on the edge of what is acceptable all the time. The fact that he's not been red carded during a game this season is very fortunate.

What he did for this ban is minor really but I doubt whether he begrudges the decision. I'm sure he looks at it as an occupational hazard. There have been two other citations for hair pulling this season and both got three game bans so it was standard.

As with the Vardy ban, the added focus on every detail of our games means that we'll not get away with things that we may otherwise have done. Both Vardy and Huth may well have avoided FA action if they'd done the same things last season.

Especially with European opposition in mind, our players need to either get a lot cleverer at it or preferably just cut it out.

Huth plays on the edge of what is acceptable all the time. The fact that he's not been red carded during a game this season is very fortunate.

What he did for this ban is minor really but I doubt whether he begrudges the decision. I'm sure he looks at it as an occupational hazard. There have been two other citations for hair pulling this season and both got three game bans so it was standard.

As with the Vardy ban, the added focus on every detail of our games means that we'll not get away with things that we may otherwise have done. Both Vardy and Huth may well have avoided FA action if they'd done the same things last season.

Especially with European opposition in mind, our players need to either get a lot cleverer at it or preferably just cut it out.
I was talking about this with my dad the other day. More and more players are tackling as close to the edge as possible; some go over the edge. I also think this is part of the reason why refereeing is going downhill. With more and more borderline decisions to give, inconsistencies are becoming more and more apparent.

It must have been said before but - 'The Huth? You can't handle the Huth!' Fellini didn't score - he was subbed - Huth saw him off. His own tweet earlier about 'Angels' was an acknowledgement of his robust playing - er - style.
And in case he ever reads anything on this forum, I would like to take the opportunity to apologise to him for my earlier post erroneously implying that he liked Fellini's hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566