Ian Marshall on the Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Leicester fans,

Ipswich Town fan coming in peace and trying to escape the nightmare of the Rugby World Cup final. I have two football podcasts
One is an Ipswich Town podcast the other is a locked on the Premier league podcast. I have Ian Marshall appearing on both podcasts this week.

You can subscribe here so you don't miss the podcast when it drops next week.

I was really rather hoping you would be able to help me as I am looking for ;

Any personal memories on Ians time with Leicester or through his career that you may have.

Any questions you have off for Ian.

Sorry to trouble you and thanks in advance.

Wednesday nights out in Loughborough while I was a student. Him and a load of the first team used to be out most weeks.

These days he hosts the lounge we’re in each week at home games and he does a good job in there.

When I used to coach kids at Birstall he would be on the sidelines, with his wellies and wax jacket :)

He always looked like a bloke who'd wandered into the ground from the street and asked if he could get a game, like the kid who'd turn up when when you and your mates were playing in the park.

My favourite was his overhead kick against Fulham in the league cup. Mental night. He was only a couple of inches off the ground due to gravity. Legend. Bag of cans, packet of snouts and don't bother pulling your socks up lad.

There was a good story in Steve Walsh's book. It was something to the effect of:

The club had let Marshall train at home, but sent him away with a heart and activity tracker. When he came back it had unusual readings on it. Later, it transpired that he had strapped it to the dog and let it run around the living room, while he was on the sofa watching TV.

He was a much more gifted footballer than his appearance and reputation allowed.

He had a really good first touch.

I loved his personal aesthetic and stole the “socks around your ankles” thing for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669