ideas required

Status
Not open for further replies.
He 's from buckinghamshire you know I met his father once lovely chap.
would you like some crisps young man? Don't go awfuly well with claret....

33707909v2_240x240_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

This was on another site well it's something different anyway - she can be Madonna on the cheap without the trouble of bringing the kid up:icon_bigg

Subject: Re:Any great 40th birthday ideas for gift from husband to wife?

OK you may roll your eyes, but for my 40th birthday my husband, whom I adore more than anything, sponsored a child in Bangladesh for me. I am not a particularly materialistic person, and I already have a watch and the simple jewelry I always wear. He wanted something special to mark my birthday but also honor what he sees as the kind of person I am...so he did this. It was and is the most amazing gift - and it's a gift that truly "keeps on giving."

The funny thing is that right before I read this posting by you, I had just today received a letter from our sponsored child. She writes every other month or so. Our own children have a picture of her and keep track of what time it is in Bangladesh and what Sharmina would be doing when they are going to sleep or eating or going to school, etc. We send her stickers and things on her birthday each year and write to her and tell her about us -- she is a little older than our oldest child. We hope someday that she will come to the U.S. and meet us (or that we'll go there!).

Anyway, it may be a little hokey to some people, but if you're looking for something different and hugely meaningful, sponsoring a child and helping a community provide the things we all consider 'basic' to its children may be a way to go...We do it through "Save the children."

Just an idea...

Last edited:
Which was the number one record in the charts for her birthdays 69-2009? List it, print it like a menu......Nice touch that.

nice ideas chaps, but her interest in music is only slightly above that of adopting a bangladeshi!

I wonder if she needs a new iron or washing line?

Maybe some new trousers to wear around the house. I assume she does wear the trousers in your house?

Maybe some new trousers to wear around the house. I assume she does wear the trousers in your house?
:018:
No way! That bitch knows I'm the Daddy

I wonder if she needs a new iron or washing line?

You could be onto a winner there MK.

Perhaps get yourself a couple of new shirts at the same time so that she's got something to try them out on.

There's nothing worse than getting a nice new present and not being able to use it.

:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670