If you were God..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote us a URL then...

cos i say it's bullshit and the burden of proof is with you

Hey back off. You can't prove Dawkins is right. Why should I have to prove to you that my beliefs are correct. I have an encyclopedia that clearly says they found the words scribbled on the walls of Pompeii. It's a book so no URL. What makes me laugh about all you non believers is that you're continually asking me for proof of my belief but don't seem to have any evidence that your ideas are correct. It's getting a little one-sided and I'm growing bored with having to prove everything when all you seem to do is criticise anyone with different opinions to yours. Not one of you has come up with any argument that has convinced me that you know what you're talking about.

You're entitled to your beliefs or lack thereof but I fail to see why I'm the only one having to prove himself. So this is the end of my contribution to this thread. I've tried to be patient but I've really had enough. Believe what you want. I don't give a toss. But rubbishing everyone else's religion shows just how narrow minded you really are. :icon_conf

What makes me laugh about all you non believers is that you're continually asking me for proof of my belief but don't seem to have any evidence that your ideas are correct.

I haven't asked you to provide any kind of proof, I've just politely asked you to explain the numerous & obvious inconsistencies.

You're entitled to your beliefs or lack thereof but I fail to see why I'm the only one having to prove himself.

Because you are the one making outrageous claims, therefore the burden of proof lies with you.

But rubbishing everyone else's religion shows just how narrow minded you really are.

How does that work???
So questioning something & not blindly following like a sheep is being narrow minded? Bizarre.

Hey back off. You can't prove Dawkins is right.
for which of his theories? the selfish gene theory? memetics or the extended phenotype theory?

i think you'll find they all produce testable predictions and the theories have stood the test of time, that's how science works

the selfish gene theory is backed up by studies of female spiders eating males after breeding, segregation distortion genes and the existence of junk DNA (junk DNA led to DNA fingerprinting being invented in Leicester in 1985 and two scientists helping catch the raper of two girls in Narborough)

junk DNA wouldn't exist if we were perfectly designed, or if it was a Darwinian survival-of-the-fittest individual; selfish gene theory allows for it

But rubbishing everyone else's religion shows just how narrow minded you really are. :icon_conf
let me get this right, you believe the literal translation of Adam & Eve, believe homosexuality is a sin... am I'M narrow minded

:102:

and you still haven't answered any of the points put to you

oh except for a magical encyclopedia you have? what's it called?

http://www.ucgstp.org/lit/gn/gn061/pompeii.htm

found a quote

"One person, likely a Jew or Christian, couldn't escape the parallel with a biblical story. Tunneling in the ruins, he scribbled "Sodom and Gomorrah" on a wall."

sounds apocryphal though... am trying to find a non god squad website or a piccy

incidently, even if it exists, it hardly proves anything except that there were jews/christians in Pompeii

meh... looks like a christian myth to me

Last edited:
Fundamentalist Christianity: fascinating. These people actually believe that the world is twelve thousand years old. Swear to God. Based on what? I asked them.

"Well, we looked at all the people in the Bible and we added 'em up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages? Twelve thousand years."
"Well, how ****ing scientific, OK. I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble there. That's good. You believe the world's twelve thousand years old?"
"That's right."
"OK, I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready?"
"Uh huh."
"Dinosaurs."

You know, the world's twelve thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, and existed in that time, you'd think it would been mentioned in the ****ing Bible at some point:

And O, Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus... with a splinter in its paw. And the disciples did run a-screamin'. "What a big ****ing lizard, Lord!"
"I'm sure gonna mention this in my book," Luke said.
"Well, I'm sure gonna mention it in my book," Matthew said.
But Jesus was unafraid. And he took the splinter from the brontosaurus paw, and the brontosaurus became his friend. And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch, O so many years, attracting fat American families with their fat ****in' dollars to look for the Loch Ness Monster. And O the Scots did praise the Lord: "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"

There is a God - his name was Hicks

All religions arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed towards ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom - Albert Einstein

He didn't write Star Trek, but what the heck.........?

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. - Albert Einstein

Last edited:
To boldly go where no man has gone before - Gene Roddenberry

All religions arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed towards ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom - Albert Einstein

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. - Albert Einstein

The world is just a great big onion
Pain & fear are the spices that make you cry
Oh, & the only way to get rid of this great big onion
Is to plant love seeds until it dies, uh huh - Marvin Gaye (I think)

Why should I have to prove to you that my beliefs are correct.
You don't. Only the feckers who knock my door, steal my time, or try to get me to sign up to something I don't want do. The rest of you can have whatever belief you want.
If a Kirby salesman comes to the door saying 'This is the best vacuum in the world', do you not ask why and then have a demonstration (proof)? Or do you just blindly hand over £600 quid on the spot?
I went to a C of E high school and all the way questioned god's existence. One of the priests told us he had been visited by a spirit who filled him with a glow and drive to do god's work. I too have since been visited by the spirits of two ancient Americans (Jim Beam and Jack Daniels) who gave me a glow and a drive. It's not that I don't believe he was sincere, I just think that the majority of people have not been visited in such a way so it was probably either drug, illness, genetically or otherwise induced, as opposed to a downright lie (although I haven't discounted that either cos salesmen are notorious for telling you what they think you want to hear to their own ends).
Everyone is born with no beliefs. They are either instilled by others, or deducted for ourselves by studying the facts.
Most religions persist on the promise of everlasting life, reincarnation or whatever you call it. Unfortunately you have to die first. What a genius sales pitch. There is a saying that goes "The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it". How true.

Last edited:

Einstein was referring to way god squad would always claim him as one of their own because he used to word "God" all the time in a cosmologist's way: to refer to the start of the universe and to the inherent properties of the universe

famously, his rebuffal of quantum mechanics: "God does not play dice"

i actually quite like this use of "God" it evokes humility that there may be something bigger than us and that the universe may be designed. God-of-the-gaps though and a very different God to the Judeo/Christian one...

If a Kirby salesman comes to the door saying 'This is the best vacuum in the world', do you not ask why and then have a demonstration (proof)? Or do you just blindly hand over £600 quid on the spot?

Is that all they are now? They were dearer than that when I tried flogging them over twenty years ago.

£600? Bargain if it includes the handy-butler tool too :)

Is that all they are now? They were dearer than that when I tried flogging them over twenty years ago.

£600? Bargain if it includes the handy-butler tool too :)
Not sure. Would be about 20 years since I sat through a friend's sales patter. Always remember him saying that at first they asked for £900 but if that was the only thing stopping a sale they had a 'phone their manager' gimmick where they pretended to negotiate on your behalf down to £600.
Also heard that if that failed the manager would call a little later to offer it through the backdoor for £450, making out that he was removing the salesman's commision.:102:

It's getting a little one-sided and I'm growing bored with having to prove everything when all you seem to do is criticise anyone with different opinions to yours.
Just for the record FO, I personally think your beliefs are bollox, but they're your beliefs nonetheless.

However, even though you have failed to convince anybody, I admire the way you've stood up for yourself during this debate and not crumbled.

Don't give up :038:

Just for the record FO, I personally think your beliefs are bollox, but they're your beliefs nonetheless.

However, even though you have failed to convince anybody, I admire the way you've stood up for yourself during this debate and not crumbled.

Don't give up :038:

Youve changed! :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673