IK Sirius 1 - Leicester City 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre back four but as Jeff said it's just a run out. Kermorgant looked alright, but not MotM. I thought the stadium announcer got it right when he gave it to Schlupp.

Edit: one more note. I didn't think I'd ever see Sven get through a friendly without making a single substitution.

Last edited:
Seems like Sven might have found a new position for him then.

Whilst I'm not taking a pre-season friendly like this as anything more than a training exercise, I think I'm right in saying Ashley Cole was a forward when he came through the ranks at Arsenal and he turned into a pretty good full back...

We were told some time before kick-off that the side would not contain any new players and that Sven hoped to keep the starting eleven on for the whole of the 90 minutes. Now I know that Tunchev is apparently injured again, I presume that it was originally supposed to be him in at the start and Ball replaced him at short notice. Sven was interviewed as he left the pitch at half-time; he said again then that he didn't expect any subs for the second half.

The starting eleven for Thursday is supposed not to include anybody who played tonight.

As far as the formation goes, the TB match committee decided that Sven must have had about half the squad together and asked them where they had never played before; when they told him, he said that there is a first time for everything. Having said that, Schlupp had a very good crack at the left-back role and was deservedly named as man of the match. Oakley didn't do too bad at right-back either.

First time I've ever heard bookings announced. Howard deserved his yellow card for a rough and clumsy tackle only a minute or so after he been spoken to for a 'retaliation tackle'. Still uses his elbows too much as well.

Lots of misses at both ends. Ours were mainkly a case of not being decisive with only the keeper to beat and allowing him to make decent saves. Theirs were mainly off-target shots when they should have done better.

We got very wet - twice!

Last edited:
Nice little write up there Boc - ta for that!!

You lot end up in the paddling pool as well then!?

Last edited:
Nice little write up there Boc - ta for that!!

You lot end up in the paddling pool as well then!?

No, we finished up in the pub. We heard about the Students fans blowing up a paddling pool but know nothing more about what happened to it.

Last edited:
No, we finished up in the pub. We heard about the Students fans blowing up a paddling pool but no nothing more about what happened to it.

Not like you Boc. You ought to know better :icon_bigg

Tweet from Schlupp....

jeffers92
jeffrey schlupp
oh yeh why i played left back il never know but it wernt too bad :)

Not like you Boc. You ought to know better :icon_bigg

I'm having a bad night. BM is nagging me. He's hungry and it's affecting his mood.

The club's official Twitter account announced that Bamba would be starting, but changed it to Ball a few minutes later.

That would still fit with what we were told.

Tweet from Schlupp....

jeffers92
jeffrey schlupp
oh yeh why i played left back il never know but it wernt too bad :)

As a young player he should know that the reason he played left back was because the manager told him to. If next match he is told that he is in goal his answer should be "Yes Mr Eriksson where do I get a jersey?"

If I was a manager I would be tempted to ban players tweeting or twittering about football. If the fans want to know what Jeffrey Schlupp thinks they should ask the manager.

I can't recall which manager advocated the policy of playing players in unfamiliar roles in training matches in order to aid their education and get them used to understanding the issues that their colleagues faced in competitive matches. It also serves to demonstrate how a players position should not necessarily be set in stone.

Playing a young forward as a defender in a game such as this would seem to me to be an excellent way to advance his understanding of the game and indicate that Sven is taking his development very seriously.

As a young player he should know that the reason he played left back was because the manager told him to. If next match he is told that he is in goal his answer should be "Yes Mr Eriksson where do I get a jersey?"

If I was a manager I would be tempted to ban players tweeting or twittering about football. If the fans want to know what Jeffrey Schlupp thinks they should ask the manager.

I don't read anything in Schlupp's tweet that says anything other than the simple fact that he was surprised to be asked to play at full-back. That he played so well seems to suggest that he is perfectly happy to follow his boss's instructions.

I don't read anything in Schlupp's tweet that says anything other than the simple fact that he was surprised to be asked to play at full-back. That he played so well seems to suggest that he is perfectly happy to follow his boss's instructions.

Boc is spot on here. Young Jeff doesn't appear to be criticising the decision, just stating that he was surprised. I'm sure he is over the moon with making any appearance under Sven at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669