Immigration debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sarcastic comment is equally as sweeping as your comment that there are 'no actual jobs for them to go in to'

Mine was not a sweeping comment at all

Unemployment is rising and the number of jobs available are falling

So assuming we get these lazy scrounging feckers off their pretend-sickness/disability arses (and realise the ensuing financial savings being quoted in that ridiculous article), where exactly are they going to be employed ?

If we could sort that out we could buy another couple of ****ed up banks with proceeds.

buying out the banks could actually make the tax payer money...

Mine was not a sweeping comment at all

Unemployment is rising and the number of jobs available are falling

So assuming we get these lazy scrounging feckers off their pretend-sickness/disability arses (and realise the ensuing financial savings being quoted in that ridiculous article), where exactly are they going to be employed ?

I disagree :)

I'm not sure thats the case, it mentions incapacity benefit but also job seekers allowance, council tax benefit, income supprt etc.

The article talks about Incapacity Benefits and 'long-term sickness benefits' - yet the map and figures include Job Seekers, Income Support, Council Tax and Housing Benefit claimants. Very sloppy journalism.

The article talks about Incapacity Benefits and 'long-term sickness benefits' - yet the map and figures include Job Seekers, Income Support, Council Tax and Housing Benefit claimants. Very sloppy journalism.

It also includes figures for lost productivity etc. for people who simply take time off work when they are ill - plus the 'extra' work for doctors and nurses to deal with people who are sick (not sure exactly what doctors and nurses are supposed to be doing the rest of the time) plus the cost of support from families and friends (bizarre one that)

Yet the overriding implication is that it is all about benefits

Silliest article I have seen in a long time - but then again, I don't read the Daily Mail that often

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670