India v England ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit quiet here today isn't it :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Coz we have other stuff to do maybe?

We are playing crap and it is leading to a fizzling out about 50 short IMO.

I was a tad nervous before the Freddy wicket. I thought that was the killer wicket. Should be all over now.

Exciting stuff for a neutral horrible for me!

The last few overs England have been scoring at more than the required rate. If Flintoff and Pietersen can stay in anything can happen.

They won't.:icon_wink

Der der der ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST.
Pathan to Bopara, OUT
RS Bopara c Raina b Pathan 3 (5b 0x4 0x6) SR: 60.00

And another one and another ONE BITES THE DUST.

DER DER DER ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

At least we got closer this time! :)

It was quite funny reading Tamworth slagging of the India team saying they hadnt played well, just to cover himself in case England won.

Somebody needs to spike Yuvraj's food so he misses the next game. Second hundred and also took vital wickets.

Last edited:
It was quite funny reading Tamworth slagging of the India team saying they hadnt played well, just to cover himself in case England won.

:icon_lol:you know me too well!!!

In all seriousness after the banter in the thread. It was a closer game and I think this series has the potential to be a good one.

I'm clueless to why Bopara didn't bowl as well as that why he is so down the order?

:icon_lol:you know me too well!!!

In all seriousness after the banter in the thread. It was a closer game and I think this series has the potential to be a good one.

I'm clueless to why Bopara didn't bowl as well as that why he is so down the order?

It has potential to be a good one if you are Indian, I'm not so optimistic for England :icon_lol:

Tamworth Fox;763090 I'm clueless to why Bopara didn't bowl [QUOTE said:
I wonder whether his ODI bowling average of 49.50 could just be a small factor in this?

I'm well aware that Bopara can be devastating as a bat - on his day. He's down at No 8 mainly because they have chosen to bat Shah at 3. At some point I think they may have to make a choice between these two....I think Bopara has more potential but overall he has disappointed to-date. However, as a bowler i think he is just the right pace and style to be smashed everywhere at international level.

Poor effort by England in the field.

It wasn't a 290 pitch.

England have good players but the motivation & application seems to have gone awol.

Probaly still mulling over the groats they lost to the Stanford team.

Poor effort by England in the field.

It wasn't a 290 pitch.

England have good players but the motivation & application seems to have gone awol.

Probaly still mulling over the groats they lost to the Stanford team.

Definitely - they seem to have lost all focus for the time being because of the Stanford adventure.

They arrived in India about a week before playing international games in completely different conditions. So they were also under-prepared and I don't think the selection and batting order is quite right.

There is something wrong with the England set up. For instance, I saw Collingwood interviewed on SSN - in which he was talking about England in 2009 and making an assumption that he would be playing in the Ashes series etc - we've got a club type set up now in which many of the players seem to think that they have an automatic right to be selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669