Internet Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazLCFC

I am getting extreamly frustrated at not being able to log in/sign up to sites ie you tube.

I have very recently signed up to sky broadband and have McAfee security.

I have signed up to sites such as you tube and received the e mail from them to which I click on the link. when I then try to sign in it doesn't seem to accept what I type, by that I mean it doesn't say user name incorrect etc just the screen remains the same.

I have also found this problem when logging into my e mails through nltworld (now virgin)

Could this problem to be with my security settings? I have got cookies turned on and have cleared the cache a number of times as per the help pages on you tube.

Oh and i have tried to go on the McAfee support site but that wont let me in either, it just says I need to have cookies enabled.

HELP!

Last edited:
Close McAfee and try to sign in. Then you will know if it is McAfee causing the problem.

You can see if your cookies are enabled in your 'internet options' tab in 'tools'. I think this is right, you can also see your security settings which may be set too high? I use MAC so apologise if this is wrong, from memory.

Which OS & browser do you use?
What setting do you have cookies set to?
What do you use to connect? Which modem or router do you use?

ia using a wireless router from sky, i have internet explorer 7 my settings are all set to default. since my first post i have added some sites ie you tube to my allowed list and this seems to have worked in some cases but not all.

IE7 is your problem, the biggest pile of w*nk in a browser ever. Since it came out the number of questions and problems from our normally excellent sites has almost doubled.

A popular one is that in default mode it doesn't display Flash easily if at all.

ia using a wireless router from sky, i have internet explorer 7 my settings are all set to default. since my first post i have added some sites ie you tube to my allowed list and this seems to have worked in some cases but not all.

sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670