Internet Service Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

I have been offline for about a month and a half thanks the the 100%ineptness of wanadoo/orange, once it is fixed (never) I will be changing ISP as wanadoo were so awful.

Any good reccomendations for internet service providers, do different providers have different speeds?

BT are good. I am getting about 6.5 meg for approx £25 per month, no cut outs etc.

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
BT are good. I am getting about 6.5 meg for approx £25 per month, no cut outs etc.

I'm looking in a couple of months too...

Does that cover phone calls too Melts?

Webbo won't be happy with you using this forum for "non urgent matters".

shot myself in the foot there really haven't i?!?!

Last edited:
I just ordered Bulldog to replace wannadoo. £9.75 a month for 16 meg, including a free wireless router. Think it goes up to £15 a month after 3 months. Cant comment on the service as its not live yet but seems a good deal. They are not taking new customers after July 1st so you need to get in quick.

Please use General Chat for this sort of thing in future as Jeff wont be happy.

Last edited:
my sincere apoligies, last time i was on the support forum was used freely:biggrin:
tiscali have been advertised quite alot, £15 for unlimited downloads looks ok..?

As with most things, you tend to get what you pay for. The really cheap providers are paying the same wholesale prices as the others, so will stretch the bandwidth they buy to the limit, and pack in every customer they can. So speeds tend to be much more volatile and crashes more likely. And they obviously cut corners on load monitoring, customer service etc.

You may be lucky, but if you are shared with others who happen to be heavy users & frequently active at the same time as you, then you could suffer.

If you want to go with Bulldog (which I wouldn't recommend), you'll need to do it in the next couple of weeks. From 1st july they'll no longer take on any new residential customers, they're making loads of people redundant and will be concentrating on wholesale services.
They already have a poor reputation for customer service, I think this will make it even worse.

drummindefender said:
yeh there alrite though when things go wrong there shite

Agreed.
They put you on hold, listening to beethoven for about 45 minutes

Was on wanadoo but they pi**ed me right off with all the sh*t over the house move, so i told them where to stick it. Im now on the talktalk *free* broadband offer although mine is actually 10 quid due to my distance from the exchange. The max i can get in my area is 2 meg anyway so it works just fine for me, can be difficult to gt hold of but they are getting better all the time.

Durham Fox said:
I just ordered Bulldog to replace wannadoo. £9.75 a month for 16 meg, including a free wireless router. Think it goes up to £15 a month after 3 months. Cant comment on the service as its not live yet but seems a good deal. They are not taking new customers after July 1st so you need to get in quick.

Please use General Chat for this sort of thing in future as Jeff wont be happy.

I have bulldog at home and been with them a couple of years now, and its been fine, never had a problem at all.
At work I have BT and they are dire, am changing from them soon. Have been told Clara net is a good shout.

Boy Genius said:
I have bulldog at home and been with them a couple of years now, and its been fine, never had a problem at all.
At work I have BT and they are dire, am changing from them soon. Have been told Clara net is a good shout.

Clara.net is good, but I think they're pretty expensive.

I use Demon, who are also one of the more expensive ones.

webmaster said:

you only get what you pay for.......:icon_bigg

webmaster said:

We use demon at work and have never really had any problems with them, but they are not the cheapest, are deff one of the you get what you pay for ISP's.

pds said:
NTL just fine for me.

I rang NTL yesterday and complained about a £10 late payment charge that was added to my account 10 days after I paid the bill...:icon_roll

The guy said sorry :)eek: ) and credited my account £30 .... right result!

MKFox said:
I rang NTL yesterday and complained about a £10 late payment charge that was added to my account 10 days after I paid the bill...:icon_roll

The guy said sorry :)eek: ) and credited my account £30 .... right result!
You was just lucky that it was your "special" friend Nigel that answered. Amazing the results blackmail can have :biggrin:

Melton Fox said:
Amazing the results blackmail can have

I'm still blackmailing that sheep you poked, he's still too shamed to go public...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669