Inury news: Vardy out for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought, bar his stupid chip attempt, he was very good against West Ham.

Most of his starts apart from the 3 this year would have been at the peak of our awful run last year and he was basically shoved up front on his own.

Deserves more of a chance imo, pretty much all of us would have gotten rid of Vardy after his first season but look at him now.

I don't think it's odd at all. He's been given three opportunities this season (against Bury, West Ham and Hull) and he was useless each time. In fact, in two of those three games, he was hauled off as the first change after an hour despite us needing goals (I do recall him scoring against Bury too). This suggests to me that Ranieri has been very disappointed in him.

In his year with us, he's appeared twenty times, eleven starts and nine sub appearances. He's scored four goals. So, he's been given a chance.

However, his contribution to the team is what stands out rather than his goal record. He doesn't graft like Ulloa, Okazaki and Vardy do. This is the expectation of any forward at City and if he can't or won't do it, he isn't going to make it here.
I think we can be too quick to write off players these days. He's had 1 year but look at Vardy, he needed at least 2 seasons to get used to the step up.

You could argue that the Croatian league to the Premier League is as much of a learning curve and step up. He's still young.

I personally hope we stick with him and he has the positive attitude to be patient. There is a talented player in there

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think he needs a confidence boost, and the pressure taking off a bit.

With Vardy's injury and Okazaki and Ulloa not particularly impressing, I would be tempted to tell him he will play in the next 4/5 games and see how he does then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669