Ipswich - 25th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Kick-off 3:00 p.m.

Tickets
We have been allocated 1,415 tickets for this fixture, priced at £25 for adults, £17.50 for senior citizens and £9 for juveniles.

Selling arrangements are as follows:
Mon Feb 13-Season ticket holders (priority 1)
Tue Feb 14-Season ticket holders (priority 2)
Wed Feb 15-Season ticket holders (priority 3)
Thu Feb 16-Members
Fri Feb 17-General sale (subject to availability)

Coaches
Fox Travel coaches will depart at 9:30am, priced at £15 and £13 concessions (Season ticket holders receive a £1 discount).

Directions
A16
A14 to the outskirts of Ipswich
From the junction between the A12 and A14 south of Ipswich, take the A1214 signposted to Ipswich.
Go over 5 sets of traffic lights and then turn right into West End Road, signposted Football Ground.
There are various car-parks surrounding the ground - cost about £4.

Alternatively, there is Park and Ride schemes which operates into Ipswich, from Copdock (junction of A12 and A14).

About 125 miles.

Trains
There are no direct trains from Leicester to Ipswich. You can either travel via Peterborough, changing at Cambridge or Ely, or via London. The Saver fare is £42.40 via Peterborough or £63 via London

If you do want to travel by train it might be worth seeing if you can get any of the very cheap MML tickets to London and then travelling with the London Branch of the Supporters Club; their trip is costing £12 return from Liverpool Street.

If travelling via Peterborough, you could consider booking your journey in two stages. For instance, if you were to book a Cheap Day Return to Cambridge and another from there to Ipswich, the total fare would be just £33.70 (you can purchase both tickets from the ticket office at Leicester). Both Central Trains and One Railways offer GroupSave tickets - this would mean that a group of 3 could travel for £22.50 each or a group of 4 for only £16.35 each.

Pubs
???

Away Supporters' Facilities
The Away fans area is situated on the Portman Road side of the Stadium (Blocks V1 and V2) at the south end of the Cobbold Stand.
Dependent upon the number of visiting fans, there will be at least one bar open for visiting fans which sells alcoholic drinks (before kick off only) and soft drinks, hot drinks and hot pies, crisps etc.

Last edited:
PUBS????

One right outside the train station. Less than 5 mins walk to Portman Road.

MKFox said:
PUBS????

One right outside the train station. Less than 5 mins walk to Portman Road.

I used to live in Ipswich and I wouldn't go in that pub you mentioned MK,not sure its Away friendly and besides its a Shithole,.the town centre is only 10 mins walk away,lots of decent pubs there.

highland fox said:
I used to live in Ipswich and I wouldn't go in that pub you mentioned MK,not sure its Away friendly and besides its a Shithole,.the town centre is only 10 mins walk away,lots of decent pubs there.
I've never seen any grief in there...
That said, you're right, loads of nicer ones in the town centre...just thinking of ease for the train travellers...

MKFox said:
I've never seen any grief in there...
That said, you're right, loads of nicer ones in the town centre...just thinking of ease for the train travellers...

You might be right but I did once see a huge punch up in and around there when they played Norwich one Sunday.First time I ever seen someone go flying through a Pub Window:icon_eek:
Theres a small Pub next to the Corn Exchange which was Ok,can't remember the name of it though:102:

I will advise you all not to drink too much before you arrive at the turn-stiles.

Last season I very nearly didn't make it in. It was only for the fact that some poor copper felt sorry for me.

Mind you I couldn;t really complain had I not been allowed in. I had helped myself to at-least 12 pints before the game.

Will there be some left on Friday or shall I ask a season ticket holder to get me one now?

beaumontfox said:
£25????

ffs.bleeding us dry.....

Didn't we charge them £27 when they came to us earlier in the season?

highland fox said:
You might be right but I did once see a huge punch up in and around there when they played Norwich one Sunday.First time I ever seen someone go flying through a Pub Window:icon_eek:
Theres a small Pub next to the Corn Exchange which was Ok,can't remember the name of it though:102:

Im not surprised that like a Forest fan walking into the 1884

Willlow said:
Im not surprised that like a Forest fan walking into the 1884

Wasn't just the one either Will,worst Football violence I've ever witnessed.

If you get to Ipswich and the car parks are full, don't be tempted to park on the grass verges even if other people are already parked there. I did that last season and got a parking ticket.

i agree tickets are dear but if you are a true city fan that wont bother. also i'd get your tickets early because we will easily sell out, specialy when we have been allocated a small amount like that:icon_bigg

The pub directly opposite the station is fine. I was in there last season at 10.30am, and we were made to feel very welcome. As the morning went on more and more Leicester fans arrived. There were Ipswich fans in there, but no trouble what so ever. The only disappointing thing was it was shut after the game, and we had to wait nearly an hour for a taxi to take us back to the hotel.

With regards to the tickets, I dont think we'l sell out. It's not the easiest place to get to, especially as that A14 is full of cameras, plus the ticket prices are pretty expensive. I'd say about 900-1000 Leicester fans will make the game.

Just got mine. Lovely :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570